Every reason it’s not acceptable to wear UF gear on FSU’s campus

Seriously, no one cares if you’re a Gator fan

Even if you live in Montana, you know that FSU and UF have a rivalry that has been going strong since the 1950s. It’s one of the longest running rivalries in college history and the divide continues to grow wider each year.

With the Florida State vs Florida game coming up, we’re starting to see an increase in UF gear on campus. It’s not as funny as some people think it is to wear UF apparel on FSU’s campus on a normal day. It’s all fun and games when the boys are on the field, but there is a huge difference from the weekend and the weekdays. In short, it’s totally uncool to wear orange and blue in a sea of garnet and gold.

The classroom is not the place for it

Beyond the college acceptance period of our senior year of high school, no one cares where you are getting your degree. We are all working just as hard, even though we might be wearing different colors. If you go to FSU,  be a Seminole and wear our colors with pride. If you wanted to go to UF, please go. By wearing a different schools mascot on your shirt, you are disrespecting the establishment you and everyone else here are working hard for.

It’s one thing to wear another colleges gear, but never UF

Harvard. Yale. UCF. Wear it, embrace it. Literally anything but Florida. The University of Florida is the one school we have iconic beef with. It’s no secret that we are constantly competing with one another to be the better school, so it doesn’t make sense why someone would come on to FSU’s campus, attend our school, and support our enemy. It feels slightly like a personal attack.

Nothing good can come from it

There is literally no purpose in wearing UF anything, expect for the fact that you wanted to arouse some type of annoyance out of your peers. What you’re basically saying is you don’t belong here, and it’s not to say you aren’t accepted, but you are definitely the odd man out. The Seminole tribe will rise against you if you Gator chomp one too many times. It seems almost like you are trying to prove some superiority complex over a mass majority of people around you, which makes very little sense anywhere near Florida State.

It’s only funny on game day

Funny is a strong word, but it is expected. Game day is the only time when it is acceptable (but, like, please stay away) for blue and orange to come anywhere near our campus. We will gladly partake in some classic tailgate roasts and friendly banter, but we’ll let the real rivalry come through and the right team prove its dominance on the field, on the court, and in the pool. Then, then and only then, is it acceptable for that gator to be seen around here.

Florida State University