Your guide to all things pumpkin in Tallahassee

Let your inner basicness fly free and indulge in some delicious pumpkin flavored treats

Fall is one of the best times of the year. Living in Florida, we don’t really get the full experience of fall – there are no leaves falling from the trees and we are lucky if the weather stays below 80 degrees. Thankfully, we can still enjoy all of the fantastic seasonal food that fall has to offer. By seasonal foods I mean pumpkin flavored everything… pumpkin coffee, pumpkin bread, pumpkin beer, pumpkin yogurt. Whatever can be made into a pumpkin, I’ll eat it. So, here’s to all you basic witches out there who can’t resist pumpkin flavored treats.

Lucky Goat’s pumpkin pie coffee

This coffee was a delight! I love pumpkin pie and this coffee had a great pumpkin spice taste. It was just sweet enough that I was able to put a splash of creamer in it and I was good to go. Normally I am not a fan of flavored coffee, but this coffee tasted really fresh. It was almost as delicious as a real pie (but obviously real pie is way better). Lucky Goat is also selling other pumpkin beverages if you wanted to drink something with a little more caffeine.

Catalina Café’s pumpkin bread

Pumpkin bread is one of my favorite pumpkin flavored items to eat during the fall. Catalina bakes their own pumpkin bread so every slice is fresh and mouth-watering. The bread is incredibly sweet, but not overbearing. I could probably eat a whole loaf of this stuff.

Sweet Shop’s pumpkin muffins

This muffin is one of the tastiest ones out there. Basic girls and boys alike could probably survive on just these muffins alone this season. Sweet Shop muffins are so spongy and this one has the perfect amount of pumpkin spice and cinnamon. One of the best parts about getting a muffin from Sweet Shop is that they heat up your muffin for you, so you have a wonderfully warm pastry to eat.

Catalina Café’s pumpkin spice latte

Give me all the pumpkin things

Move over Starbucks, there is a new PSL in town. Catalina’s PSL is fantastic. Every sip you take you are delighting your taste buds to the sweet taste of real pumpkin spice. The drink is really frothy and has more flavor than a Starbucks PSL. To be honest, I have never been that impressed with the Starbucks PSL. However, if you’re not a fan of sweeter drinks, I would go for the Lucky Goat Pumpkin Pie Coffee instead… the coffee is also a lot cheaper.

Go forth and embrace your inner basicness and indulge in delicious pumpkin flavored foods and coffees. You still a little while longer to enjoy delicious pumpkin things before Christmas is everywhere.

P.S. Trader Joe’s has amazing pumpkin flavored cornbread… don’t knock it until you try it.

Florida State University