Your official survival guide to Talloween

Step one, have fun

While attending one of America’s biggest party schools, Halloween weekend gets pretty crazy, and it isn’t possible to not find something to do. Whatever you do, here are a few tips to follow in the midst of all of the craziness.

Have a Bomb-Ass Costume

Every Halloween, you can always distinguish the creative costume junkies from the basic trend doers. In my personal opinion, creating your own outfit is the key to a great Halloween costume, plus it’s not as expensive. The best costumes come from your personal interests- the  television shows you like, movies you’re recently watched, sports teams, celebrities, etc. Once you have your idea, you can piece your costume together from gathering items from a local store or even from your closet.

Staying Safe

There are crazy people everywhere on Halloween, but it can still be easy to stay safe while having fun. Tallahassee is a pretty hectic city, so having a group of friends is a must. Usually a group of three people is sufficient, but the more the merrier. Since drinking is usually a college students first nature, having a DD or plan to get home is smart, and it’s better to figure these plans before- hand. Lastly, you should stay away from any areas or situations that are risky. For example, if you see a clown, refrain from chasing after it.

Be Prepared for the night of, and the day after

Unfortunate things can happen in even the most fun situations, which is why it’s best to be proactive! Prepare yourself the night before, so your Tuesday isn’t a nightmare. Ibuprofen/ Advil is a must to stock up on before hand. While you’re out, bring a portable charger with you. Cell phones run out of battery quite quickly when they’re used constantly at parties for pictures. Cell phones will definitely also be needed for last minute emergencies like calling your friends if you get lost or calling an Uber. Lastly, bring gum and maybe an extra shirt. I know it’s a stretch and the shirt may even be a hassle, but inconvenient things can happen on Halloween, including getting a number of liquids spilled on you, and definitely not just alcohol.

Florida State University