If our Instagrams were honest: Halloween edition

Being honest can be scary

Halloween is the best time of year – you can shamelessly stuff your face with candy and wash it all down with orange jello shots. It is the time of year when we can pretend to be a sexy cat and not an overworked college student drowning in coursework. Here’s to all of the fierce af Instagram posts to come…

When you thought heels were a good idea… lol

A photo posted by Talloween (@tab_talloween) on Oct 20, 2016 at 8:23pm PDT

Expectation: Wear really high, sexy heels and make it through the night.

Reality: You begin to complain about your heels halfway through the night and you keep asking your friends if it would be weird if you took them off.

Thank god I am wearing this mask… my eyeliner was not on point…?

A photo posted by Talloween (@tab_talloween) on Oct 20, 2016 at 8:24pm PDT

Expectation: You mimic the eye makeup tutorial you saw on YouTube perfectly the first time you try it.

Reality: You’ve done your eyeliner five times now and your eyes are burning, so you decide that your costume will have a mask… mystery is sexy right?

We thought we were being original, but we saw five other people as Daphne and Fred. ?

A photo posted by Talloween (@tab_talloween) on Oct 20, 2016 at 8:25pm PDT

Expectation: You come up with a really original couple costume and everyone compliments you all night.

Reality: You see five other people wearing the same costume as you at the party

These ears were only 3 dollars at Walmart and I'm basic af ?

A photo posted by Talloween (@tab_talloween) on Oct 22, 2016 at 10:45pm PDT

Expectation: Come up with a super cute, elaborate costume. You want to go all out for Halloween this year.

Reality: You’re a broke college student who can only afford a pair of $3 cat ears from Walmart. Let’s be real, though, you got them because you’re basic af.

Yes, I'm planning on buying/eating all of this candy by myself while I watch Hocus Pocus ??

A photo posted by Talloween (@tab_talloween) on Oct 22, 2016 at 10:48pm PDT

Expectation: Eat candy with all of your friends while watching a scary movie together.

Reality: Eat the whole bag by yourself as you watch Hocus Pocus alone in the dark.

Looking hot means freezing outside… you win and you lose ??

A photo posted by Talloween (@tab_talloween) on Oct 22, 2016 at 10:33pm PDT

Expectation: Looking super sexy and feeling confident in your costume this year.

Reality: You hate how you look in your costume and you end up freezing outside.

Halloween is the best night to dress up and take fierce pictures with your squad. But don’t even pretend that you’re not going be hungover and still in your full face of makeup on November 1st. We’re right there with you. Happy Talloween!

Florida State University