Dalvin Cook’s younger brother commits to FSU

Although it is three years early, James Cook has added talent to the 2019 draft class

The news is finally here, Florida State. Dalvin Cook’s younger brother, James Cook, has verbally committed to bring his talents to Tallahassee as one of the first members of the 2019 recruiting class. Despite the roller coaster season we have endured thus far, the Seminoles have shown encouraging glimpses of dominance, and arguably the most dominant facet of the team is Dalvin Cook. Word of James’ commitment to the ‘Noles Nation should be enough to ease the pain when his older brother elects to move to the National Football League.

After his freshman season at Miami Central, it was clear that James Cook had the talent to challenge his brother’s massive shadow. After visiting Florida State, the young phenomenon said he already felt like part of the team. With 3 years left until he officially becomes a part of Florida State football, some fans may wonder if his commitment is too early to hold firm. However, his enthusiasm for the school already shows, and it will be hard for any football program to steer him away from the school that made his older brother a star.

It is well known that James Cook is not afraid of being compared to his older brother. He loves being challenged by Dalvin’s accomplishments, and says he is hungry to exceed the expectations. Still just a sophomore in high school, it sounds like James Cook already has a dog’s mentality. We’re looking forward to him fitting right in here at Florida State.

Florida State University