Female freshman punched in the face repeatedly in Salley dorm Monday night

Students who saw the attacker said he had ‘bloodshot eyes’ and seemed to be acting ‘crazed’

A female FSU student was attacked on the fourth floor of Salley residence hall on Monday night.

FSU Police Department responded to a call shortly after 9pm.

According to the victim and the victim’s roommate, the victim was alone in her boyfriend’s dorm room while she was waiting for him and his suitemates to return from the gym. A young man knocked on the door and when the victim opened it, she immediately tried to close it because she suspected he would harm her.

He entered the room and attacked her, holding her down and punching her in the face. At one point, the attacker paused, stating “he’s coming.” At this point, the victim was able to convince him that she could help him, and he paused long enough for her to grab the door handle and get away. She was then able to escape the room and run down the hall to alert others.

FSU freshman Bethany Brownrigg was on the first floor lobby of Salley at the time of the attack and witnessed the aftermath.

She said: “I was in Salley Hall for the first Haunted House meeting, and the people in charge said everyone was there except for the TA in charge of acting. And then we heard this blood-curdling scream and we all figured it was the late TA trying to surprise us. I was really impressed at first because it was such a terrifying scream.

“Then a frat guy ran to us yelling for help and we saw another guy screaming with his hands over his head. An RA went over to help him and the dude turned around and tackled the RA and pinned him to the floor. Then they told us we all needed to leave immediately, and the police showed up and it took like three of them to pin him down and he was still thrashing.”

Students who saw the attacker in Salley said he had “bloodshot eyes” and seemed to be acting “crazed.”

The victim has visible injuries and has seen the doctor for further treatment.

FSU PD confirmed the incident occurred around 9:49pm Monday night, and a police entry confirms they responded to a report of battery. They are not releasing any more information at this time due to the ongoing investigation.

Florida State University