Tallahassee is the best city to do a Gameday, and here’s why

There’s nothing better than the student section at a Florida State game

No matter how you spend game day, Florida State is one of the best places to experience a college football game. Whether you like football or not, it’s hard not to get excited about an FSU football game. If you haven’t been to an Seminoles game, I would definitely consider going to one this season and partake in the game day festivities.

Game day showcases the comradery of FSU students

Game day is one of the biggest examples of the fantastic community we have here at Florida State. No matter where you are around town, you see groups of friends and family enjoying each other’s company and bonding over the game. Tailgating at FSU is huge, with tents placed around Doak Campbell Stadium, where people are playing corn-hole or cooking out. Current FSU students and alumni alike come together to enjoy the game- you meet so many friendly people while tailgating for games and everyone is always excited to share the experience of an FSU game day.

We know how to do Gameday fashion

Game day is a great way to show off school spirit through fantastic outfits. Throughout the day, you will see people of all ages representing Florida State in garnet and gold. If you’re lucky you will even see a cute puppy in an FSU jersey or the Garnet and Gold Guys. At FSU, students have game day fashion down to an art.

We have the best tailgates around

As if we need an excuse to day drink, game days are an especially good one. With game day, comes great responsibility, and by responsibility, I mean beer pong and flip cup. Florida State football fans know how to party, and tailgating for a game is one of the biggest parties of the school year. With tailgating, cooking out on the grill is also necessary. Game day always showcases delicious foods, most of which you can eat with your hands- if you haven’t tried the Publix buffalo chicken dip, you are missing out.

There’s no place like Doak

What we have all been waiting for, the football game. All of the tailgating, eating and drinking leads up to this moment. Experiencing the game in the student section is a surreal moment. Hundreds of students all collectively doing the tomahawk chop while the Marching Chiefs are playing is a moment that bonds everyone in the stadium together. Whether we are winning or losing, and we most certainly do more of the former, games are one of the best experiences you can have as a student at FSU.

No matter how you celebrate game day, it is always a great day when it’s at Florida State.

Florida State University