If FSU dorms were your friends

Why can’t we all be Wildwood?

Passing through the dorms is something most FSU students will do during their time here as a Nole. Before even moving on campus, students are required to rank their preferred dorm based on looks and benefits, but rarely do freshman consider the legacy they are signing on to.

Soon after moving in and getting comfortable, it becomes apparent that each dorm holds a personality of its own; no dorm is just a red brick building. Each building both builds character and has a character of its own.

We all get to know and love the dorms as if they were a part of us. And in a way they become kind of like our friends.

Broward: The Cool Girl

Broward is definitely an “I don’t need no man” kind of girl. She’s just doing her and killing it. She knows there are rules that should be followed but she dgaf. She’s friends with everyone but at the end of the day she stands alone like a proud, independent woman.

Smith: The Trainwreck

We all have that one friend that we see chugging along in life, and they continue to amaze us with their persistence. This is Smith. Smith skips showers, Smith drinks too much 9 times out of 10, Smith swears “they’re never doing that again” but then you see them back at it next weekend. You pray for Smith, you really do. They mean well, but sometimes you gotta just keep an eye out on them to make sure they get it together.

Landis: The Overachiever

Landis is your friend who swears they’ll pull an all-nighter with you atĀ Stroz, but dips out at 11:30 pm because they “don’t need to study.” They’ll most likely break the news to you in the most obnoxious, yet coy, way possible. They’ll be super sweet about it, but they definitely want to make a point that they are leaving. And every time you and Landis hang out you can feel the “I wonder what its like to be riding the struggle bus” vibes radiating off them.

Cawthon: The Garage Band Junkie

You never really see Cawthon. You just know Cawthon is there. Cawthon probably had a gig at 9:30 in a hole-in-the-wall joint that you’ve never heardĀ of. Cawthon probably has a YouTube channel that is more successful than any of us would expect, and at the end of the day we all wish we could say we were friends with Cawthon when we had the chance before they got famous.

Salley: The Dark One

Salley is definitely someone who posts “You know my name, not my story” three times a week on twitter. Whenever you talk to Salley, they reiterate that “you just don’t understand” and it’s probably followed by an eye roll. They are also distant from the rest of the group, most likely because of features that their parents find unique, but confuses the rest of us.

Wildwood: The Friend we all wish we were

Wildwood has its life together. Wildwood goes to the gym. Wildwood can cook. Why can’t we all just be Wildwood? Wildwood is the independent poised college kid our parents prayed we’d turn into after they dropped us off and for that we envy them. We all look on in amazement just hoping someday we can be like them someday.

Florida State University