The ultimate guide to a girls’ night out in Tallahassee

The GNO in Tally is a way of life

It’s a Friday night in Tallahassee and you’ve decided to have a girls’ night out. Your first step is telling your best gal pals you’re hitting the town, but you keep the who, what and where up in the air- you know you won’t follow them- and that’s also what the GNO is all about.

The pre-game

The most important part of the GNO is the pre-game, and in Tallahassee we’ve got it all but perfected. It can be done while doing your make-up and blasting music throughout your apartment, or when you’ve convened at a girlfriend’s house to pound back drinks so you don’t have to pay for the dollar ones when you’re out (but let’s be honest, there are few other things you should spend your last ten dollars on).

The next step in your ultimate GNO is picking the perfect place. You could be classy and go to Mint, or if you really feel like partying you could hit up Recess and dance the night away. You’re 100 percent avoiding The Standard, unless you’re actually going to the date function and/or waltz that’s 10/10 being hosted there tonight.

You’ve settled on The Strip, wanting to keep your options open, but also knowing you’ll probably end up at the same place all night as to not lose your place in the line at the bar. Sorted.

To the club you go

You’ve called the Uber and you’re trying to fit six scantily clad, intoxicated ladies into the car that is, indeed, not made for six people- but you’ve made it and you’re on your merry way. You roll up to the McDonalds parking lot next to the strip, hop out of the Uber and make your way to the bouncer, who not so cheerfully welcomes you inside.

The beauty of The Strip is you can do just about anything- you can dance, you can sing, talk to strangers, or you can dance and sing while at the bar with strangers- it is the ultimate place to get your GNO on. The first thing you do is start upstairs at Yianni’s, avoiding the stripper poles at all costs, for a Y-bomb and a (semi) clean bathroom.

If you want to get your dance on you’ll head to Tenn (RIP Encore), but the line is a solid 45 minutes long and you can hear the trap playing before you’ve even been wristbanded. You realize you don’t want your only option to be dancing, so you head back upstairs to Ken’s for dollar drinks instead.

After a while you’ll head downstairs with your girl gang, as all great girl gangs do, to sit under the twinkly lights, and it’s almost always guaranteed you’ll get into the deepest of conversations, that you won’t remember tomorrow, with an intoxicated stranger. As wonderful as your night has been, it’s 1 am and you’re not sure whether to stay or go, but you’re hungry and your conversation with twinkly lights dude is getting old.

McDonalds or nah?

It’s about time to leave and everyone is starving, but seeing as how you all live in different directions, the last thing you want to do is attempt to find a place everyone can agree on to get food, and then have to Uber there. Not only could you throw a rock and hit the front window of McDonalds it’s so close, but it’s cheap and it’s open.

You waltz in together to discover to your inebriated surprise you’re the only drunken hot messes within a 25 foot radius of the place. I’m sorry, what? It’s fine though, because you’re hungry, with your favorite gal pals and the good Lord himself couldn’t deter you from a medium order of French fries and a McFlurry.

The Uber home

This is hands down the most ridiculous part of your entire night. You hop in and ask your driver how his night has gone, interrupting him to tell him all about the boy Alexa danced with and the fact that Emma disappeared for 45 minutes and you honestly don’t really want to know where she’d gone.

Although you’ve always known, you start to realize how ridiculous it is that your friends all live spread throughout campus and swear you’ll be the first to be dropped off next time. You get home, kick off your heels and crawl into bed, vowing to avoid watching your Snapchat until the morning.

Florida State University