Austin Harrouff wakes up from 11-day coma

Police are waiting to interview him

The FSU sophomore who was arrested after fatally stabbing a south Florida couple, has awoken from a coma that lasted almost two weeks.

Around 9 p.m. on August 15th, Austin Harrouff attacked and killed a couple in their garage and driveway in their neighborhood of Jupiter, FL. When officers arrived on scene he was seen “eating the face” of the male victim, John Stevens. When arrested he was incoherent and suspected of being under the influence of a hallucinogenic drug.

Authorities strongly believe Austin was under the influence of the “zombie drug” nicknamed Flakka. The similar effects expressed by Austin match the cases of Flakka use previously dated and reported.

Austin Harrouff was in critical condition and officials were not sure whether he would survive.

According to the Martin County Sheriff’s office the 19-year-old has awoken from an 11-day coma. Investigators await the results of his drug test to determine whether Harrouff was indeed on the dangerous hallucinogen. Authorities are anxious to question the double homicide suspect and try to uncover what the motive was.

Harrouff’s father has appeared publicly on Dr. Phil to apologize for his sons unfortunate act.

“It’s the worst thing I could ever think of. This is the biggest nightmare I could ever even dream of.”

When asked to comment on their frat brother’s situation, ADPhi responded with Harambe memes.

Officials say Harrouff will be charged with first-degree murder when he is released from the hospital.

Florida State University