Library hours will be a mandatory requirement in order to graduate

Because coffee houses are overrated

There has been talk among the Board of Trustees for a new graduation requirement involving a certain amount of hours being spent at the library. The Tab was sent leaked documents affirming the plans for the upcoming class of 2020, thus taking effect next semester.

The premise behind it is to increase productivity in students which will ultimately result in a higher performance rate in the classrooms.

Hours spent at the library will be recorded through the card swipes you scan your ID with before and after you enter and leave the library. Card swipes will also be installed in the smaller libraries as well, such as in Goldstein, to effectively record students’ time.

Officials believe with all the amenities the libraries have to offer, students will take advantage of what their tuition already pays for. If students are obligated to be in an environment that offers computer workplaces, scholarly books, study rooms they will perform better.

This initiative has been approved conveniently at a time when Strozier Library’s third, fourth, and fifth floors are being remodeled and updated.

There has even been talk of adding more libraries to the campus to make this requirement easier to achieve without worry of an influx of students that would overwhelm each libraries’ capacity. The most likely area for a new library would be where Kellum Hall previously stood.

Check the date.

Florida State University