Signs you’re not over Spring Break

CANCUN I MISS YOU

The first week returning to school has come and passed and many students here at FSU are finding themselves experiencing feelings of nostalgia. If you are one of the many who feel this way, you might be guilty of the post-spring break blues.

Day-drinking seems like a good idea

If shot-gunning a cold one after your 11 am class seems like the perfect way to enjoy the rest of your afternoon, then you might be missing spring break. Don’t think just because Tally is a party city that your roommate still won’t judge you for taking afternoon shots alone in your room.

You’re living out of your suitcase

Denial, laziness, or a mixture of the two? If this applies to you either way, maybe it’s time to head over to the laundry room because the mound of clothes that are collecting on your floor isn’t cute. Also, you’re running out of socks.

You remember all-nighters studying aren’t as fun as all-nighters partying

After taking part in several nights of beer pong and beaches until dawn you would be capable of pulling an all-nighter to study for an exam that your bio professor conveniently scheduled on a Tuesday, right? Wrong. Nights at the library are significantly lonelier, though you might forget just as much.

Snapchat story content has gone from fifty to zero

What once was beaches, sunsets, and selfies is now pictures of you crying from overload of school work. The aestheticism is completely gone and so is spring break. *Insert tear-stroked filter.*

Looking at your tan lines more than your textbook is a problem

How is it so satisfying to gaze at yourself in the mirror and admire the difference between your bronzed thigh and your white-as-snow butt? After spring break, somehow showing off your tan lines is more impressive than showing off your A+ paper, and it’s putting a serious damper on your quest to finish that novel before the weekend.

You wear a bathing suit as a substitute for a bra/underwear

That bathing suit was cute on the beach, but maybe not as cute on the streets. Perhaps the reason for this change is style is because you’re running out of laundry? Refer to above.

You think the ocean is calling your name, but it’s actually your professor

The final addition to this installment and probably the most mortifying one…Daydreaming of the fun times from last week is all too tempting, but when you’re called on in class and answer with, “Wet t-shirt contest?” then you might not be over spring break.

Florida State University national-us