Babes that need to run for president in 2020

2020 marks 100 years of women’s right to vote

Face it: a woman is not moving into the White House come January 20. Not even First Lady, Melania Trump. OY! Right?

Now, women and men alike need to ensure that a lady boss wins the 2020 election. 2020 marks the centennial of women’s suffrage; America is long overdue a Madam President.

So, let’s encourage our favorite women leaders, let them know that we’re watching them. Even if they’re not old enough or citizens, you get it. We’re mobilizing the people.

Kamala Harris

Six-year California Attorney General, Kamala Harris is perfect for the job. She’s spearheaded initiatives ranging from ending truancy to working with the Black community with Black Lives Matter, and worked negotiating mortgage relief settlements for California homeowners. Also, she called out Justice Antonin Scalia for his vote against marriage equality. She’s a savage AND she was endorsed by President Obama and VP meme, Uncle Joe.

Amy Schumer

Amy Schumer is yes, an actor, but so was Reagan! She is already part of a political dynasty as she’s related to highly regarded Senate Minority Leader, Chuck Schumer. Amy Schumer is appealing in her candor but also extremely passionate. She’s paired with Chuck Schumer and has appeared before congress advocating for stricter gun laws. She advocates for women’s rights, LGBTQ+ rights, and minority communities. With a VP pick like Katie McGinty, former advisor to Al Gore on environmental policy, by her side, we’d be in great hands.

Tulsi Gabbard

No brainer. She was a Bernie surrogate, she’s got the Bernie supporters’ vote! Tulsi Gabbard is a female combat veteran, opponent of the Dakota pipeline, pro-choice, and the ultimate progressive. Gabbard is suited to make decisions as commander in chief – she understands foreign policy and the War on Terror more than our current President- Elect (even though that does not say very much). And personal testimonial: I heard this woman speak at a rally. I cried. She is a kween, and she understands the common man.

Ashley Feinberg

The voice of our generation. A woman of valor. She gets it, she gets us; the Deadspin writer is already secretary of state.

Feinberg is a Trump critic, much like Elizabeth Warren – except Feinberg does in a more succinct, digestible manner.

Earlier this year, she also performed the national service of tricking the President-elect into retweeting a Mussolini quote. A heroine for our time.

Michelle Obama

Obama 2.0. Yes. Yes. Yes. This woman is sexy and intelligent, she was making more guap than President Obama before he won in 2008. Michelle Obama delivered the speech of the year, graced the December issue of Vogue, birthed two angels.

When I was waiting in line at the African American Smithsonian in Washington, they were passing out reusable tote bags for groceries with the Obama family photo. I kid you not, everyone took one. Today, the lady who checked me out at the supermarket teared up!

So yes, Michelle Obama is the ideal, perfect world Lady Pres.

Melinda Gates

Well yeah, her texts might be green and not the lovely blue we all love, but she’s the co-chair of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. She participated in the development of software that has undoubtedly made our lives 100x more efficient, and has proven to be one of the most influential business women and philanthropist in the modern era. Gates has proved to be a public servant in health and education, and has been named as one of TIME’s persons of the year in ’05. Her accomplishments go on for days, so here.

Kris Jenner

Want to talk about a reality businessman/woman? This is your gal. She has singlehandedly built the most unlikely celebrity empire of the 21st Century. Kris Jenner managed, literally, to make her bitches famous, and she did. If anyone can solve our multi-trillion dollar debt, it’s this rockstar. She will also likely bring black back into the White House.

If her and Caitlyn were still together, it would be Madam President Jenner and First Lady Jenner. Imagine that.

Elizabeth Warren

‘I rip it hardcore, like porno-flick bitches, I roll with groups of ghetto bastards with biscuits / Check it, my method on the microphone’s bangin’, Lizzy-Dub slang’ll leave your headpiece hangin”

Elizabeth Warren has been on the forefront of progressive American politics this year. Her voice is loud, but the people listen. The focus she places on the middle-class and working America is clear, and would be absolute on her platform. Additionally, her vocalness on social media resonates with the new era- after all, Trump’s social media did most of the work for him.

Jill Abramson

Do it, Jill do it. Be the Jill we deserve, not that other Jill. You were the EXECUTIVE EDITOR OF THE NEW YORK TIMES. Get back at Donald Trump for calling out all that you pour your heart and soul into. You have perspective and experience in analyzing and critiquing American politics. You ran the most highly regarded newspaper in the world, which is perhaps a position of even more power than the actual president. You’ve got this.

Oprah Winfrey

Oprah is one of the most powerful women of all time. She came from nothing, thus exhibiting her ability to reach out to the disenfranchised. She is a celebrity, a publisher, a businesswoman, a renowned philanthropist. Her success and grace is unprecedented, and she has consistently proven to be a levelheaded, intelligent leader.

Wendy Davis

Senator Wendy Davis is an articulate and courageous powerhouse. She is a Democrat in the most red state in the country. Wendy Davis has fervently fought for women’s rights as she held a 10-hour filibuster over women’s right to choose. She is progressive, she is approachable, and she has perspective as she previously affiliated with the Republican party.

Kerry Washington

Oh Kerry, Kerry knows Washington. She knows Washington as a Clinton surrogate, though her fictional role on Scandal also makes her potential candidacy even more interesting. Please, Olivia, be a fixer. She’s young and vibrant, and the public has seen her pregnant! She could be America’s mommy. Her stance on family and maternity leave is thorough as she so articulately linked it to the economy when she appeared on Real Time With Bill Maher. She also so clearly views the political climate as a whole, and is not afraid to speak the truth.

Women everywhere, there is room for a woman in the White House. 2020 will be the year we have a Madam President.

We have got this.

University of Florida: UF