Emory is the best university in Georgia, the US, and probably the world

Why would you want to go anywhere else?

With fabulous southern weather and a campus that is a round the year photo-op, Emory is considered one of the happiest places in America to live.

Emory is a private, southern heaven

Anyone who has walked by the Emory ‘quad’ on a fabulous fall day, gone trick or treating to the President’s mansion at Lullwater Park during Halloween, eaten late night American breakfast at The Depot , seen Chris Evans casually shooting for his next movie at one of our academic buildings or walked past the beautiful sorority and fraternity houses on Eagle Row, will surely understand the awesomeness that exists in this place filled with southern hospitality.

Location on point

For Emory students, this place is just a little too perfect. Mid-sized, neither too far from the city nor in the middle of a concrete jungle and, in the city of Atlanta, Emory is filled with opportunities for everyone.

Every day of the week, (and the weekend), is exciting

Every smile at the DUC and every “hello” in Asbury Circle could lead to a new friend. Every group of trees is a place to hang your hammock. Every Monday class is the start of something new. Every Tuesday is the day to enjoy Blue Donkey coffee at the on campus farmer’s market. Every wonderful Wednesday is a chance to get a free t-shirt and free food. Every Thursday is a day to get excited about where Friday takes us on Eagle Row. Every Saturday’s experience shuttle leads to endless “squad goals” Instagram moments. Every Sunday leads to a trip down to Emory Village for dinner, and every snow day or ‘snowpocalypse’ (as we prefer to call it)  is a legitimate reason to stay in bed all day.

On weekends — or maybe just in between our 8ams and 4:50s — you would find us sitting by Lord Dooley’s statue in Asbury Circle, wall climbing or attending a Hip Hop Fuego class at the WoodPec. Even just an hour between classes can mean an hour of activity or a quick power nap.

And yes, we do go to school and study…

Wondering whether we go to school at all or whether we study?

Don’t be fooled by the Facebook posts that you may get of us laying out on the ‘freshman quad’, partying at Maggie’s or making that custom made ice-cream at the DUC. We are probably just ‘doing school’ better than you are.

You see, at Emory, when that one professor assigns a lengthy outdated textbook reading, we may just decide to head to the top floor of the Woodruff Library, with a view that makes your snap story every time you are there. With more than four sources of caffeine on campus and Dooley Dollars that give you discounts almost everywhere, we know how to keep the cup full and your stomach satisfied.

We have two mascots, because one is just too mainstream

About that, Lord Dooley happens to be our unofficial mascot. Like I said, having only one mascot is just too mainstream. Dooley is that biology lab skeleton that safeguards the official Spirit of Emory. Acting through students selected to don the Dooley mantle, he maintains a vigorous and unpredictable presence during a week in his honour in the spring.

The identity of these students is one of the best-kept secrets on campus. And in case you were wondering who the official mascot is, well, you can give a pumped up high five to Swoop, who happens to be the most friendly and probably the cutest Eagle you’ll ever meet.

Quirky = Super cool

The best part about Emory — Being quirky, is being cool. So don’t be surprised if you see people wearing Panda onesies to class. Both, our students and their wardrobes, happen to be more diverse than yours. You will always find that one person getting excited about that one song you both are obsessed with and you will always have someone to hang out with.

You see, we believe in being very socially well rounded.

We appreciate both, the old and the new. We look around, and its always both: me, and you. And we move forward and never forget: all hail the Gold and Blue.

Emory