BREAKING: Controversial rape advocate meet-up CANCELLED

Roosh V was planning a meet-up in Atlanta to protest for the legalization of rape

Daryush Valizadeh aka Roosh V was planning a global meet-up on February 6th at 8pm at Piedmont Park to protest for the legalization of rape.

But a post on his site “Return of Kings” says the event has been cancelled, and the site has tweeted to the same effect.

He is an American writer and pickup artist, known for his controversial writings on seduction and antifeminism, and owner of blog, “Return of Kings” (for heterosexual, masculine men).

Just now his site posted, saying:

I can no longer guarantee the safety or privacy of the men who want to attend on February 6, especially since most of the meetups can not be made private in time. While I can’t stop men who want to continue meeting in private groups, there will be no official Return Of Kings meetups. The listing page has been scrubbed of all locations. I apologize to all the supporters who are let down by my decision.

Roosh has tweeted: “People of the world should be ashamed for trying to stop a legal and private happy hour for men. Now more men will wake up because of it.”

This is him

The mission statement for this protest was published on his blog.

It said: “The the primary focus of all attendees is upon establishing friendly relations with the other men who are present. The goal is not to meet women, or to party uproariously, or to grandstand, or to find a wingman, but to meet other men who share the same values as yourself, even if they walk different paths in life.

Valizadeh has been lambasted for his for blog postings declaring that rape should be legal if it occurs in private, and that a woman’s value lies only in her beauty and fertility.

The Atlanta meet-up location was set to be at Piedmont Park, corner of 10th street and Charles Allen Dr by the sign. The men had been instructed to identify themselves by asking the innocuous question, “Do you know where I can find a pet shop?”

He said: “We will have 165 meetings in 43 countries for our international meet-up day on February 6, 2016 at 8PM local time. Hosts have been instructed to wait at the meeting point from 8:00-8:20pm before moving on to the final location.

“You can then introduce yourself and get details about where to proceed at 8:20. If you ask someone for the pet shop and they appear confused or actually try to direct you to a real pet shop, they’re not there for the meetup.”

Emory