How Duke Memes for Gothicc Teens raises important issues at our school

Students at Duke are not only smart but absolutely hilarious

Duke is one of the nation’s most “prestigious” institutes; but like any other college, Duke has issues that tend to interfere with students’ daily lives.

And while the administration tries to find resolutions, students have found a dark but hilarious way to cope with these problems – memes.

That’s right. Duke Memes for Gothic Teens was founded in 2016 and has been exponentially growing in popularity since. Here are three major legitimate problems that have been raised through this group:

More Grass?

Students have been criticizing the fact that Duke gets newer and fresher grass any time they need to impress visitors such as during parent weekend, Blue Devil Days (when high school seniors accepted to Duke visit before making their decision), a visit by an important guest, etc.

They finally tell us where the endowment goes

Posted by Cole Williams on Thursday, September 14, 2017

We pay $70,092 every year to get a good education, good food, good community – not an overflow of green fields, right?

construction reacts only

Posted by Carly McGregor on Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Never ending construction

We appreciate Duke’s amazing facilities and beautiful architecture. But the construction NEVER stops.

Once one project ends, another starts right away. And it’s air pollution, sound pollution, getting relocated in different dorms, and the inconvenience of having to go around instead of through entire parking lots on the way to class. Construction, you make us late to class!

Gooood morning! The campus is alive with…

Posted by Youlim Kim on Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Changing the name of the cafeteria

Our beloved dining center “West Union” was recently renamed as “The Broadhead Center”, referring to our former President Richard H. Broadhead – a.k.a. “Dick” Broadhead. And of course, Duke Students couldn’t miss the chance for a little fun.

And my personal favorite:

R.I.P. WUSad reacts only 😢

Posted by Jonah Santiago on Sunday, September 3, 2017

Duke University