CU-Boulder one of the top 25 schools reported for sexual abuse or harassment in anonymous Google form

‘I dozed off on a couch and woke up with the other observer stroking my genitals’

An anonymous Google Doc has been published with alleged sexual abuse and harassment said to have taken place at college campuses across the country.

The Doc's creator, Karen Kelsky created the document to share different accounts from across the country that uncover sexual harassment within academic settings. You still have the opportunity to add to your own experience to the document.

More that 2,000 people have reported alleged sexual harassment, of the responses, most do not account for undergraduate students experiences. Unfortunately, sexual abuse and harassment is no new concept, some of the accounts date back to the early 90's.

Of the responses CU-Boulder was placed among the top 25 highest reported campuses.

Of the eight different reported accounts about CU, one of the accounts occurred within the English department, another in the Philosophy, another in Applied Mathematics department, two in the Engineering, and three in the Astronomy department.

Of the accounts, the harassment ranges from professors playing footsie, to comments such as "I think about your tits," or "You should see me naked," as well as forced sexual contact.

"I was with a group doing physics homework. Someone grabbed my pages and refused to give them back," reported one student in the Astronomy department. "At first it was like a funny joke, but I confronted him about it after about a minute, and then he picked me up and said he wouldn't put me down until I kissed him. I struggled for a couple moments until I gave in and kissed him."

"I was observing at a telescope, but my schedule time wasn't until the second half of the night. I dozed off on a couch and woke up with the other observer stroking my genitals."

The uncovering of this public document exposed painful details of the world of academia.

This particular document brings to light a Universities false claim to care about the physical and emotional safety of their students. When in fact, account such as the ones in the document, are only that: accounts. Universities only take action on rare occasions, and when they do there is hardly any justice.

University of Colorado Boulder