CU Boulder ranked in top 50 for best public universities in America

Honestly, we deserve better

The US News and World Report ranked CU Boulder as the #90 best university in the United States.

It's not the worst, but us Buffs are used to being up there at the top of every "best school" list, especially when it comes to gorgeous campuses and party schools, so it's a hard hit on CU's ego.

There is still a bright side. CU ranked #30 for Best Undergrad Engineering Programs, #11 for Aerospace, #11 for Environmental Health, and #39 in Top Public Schools.

To put this into some perspective, engineering, aerospace, and environmental studies are not a walk in the park, so we're real proud of our science Buffs for paving the way and keeping CU on the map. And we'll proudly boast our Top 50 Public School ranking on any day.

Unsurprisingly, we slid into 131st place for Best Value Schools. A view like this isn't cheap, but it's worth it, right?

What's really important is what the students think, and Buff pride is tough to match.

US News base their rankings on graduate outcomes (year-by-year completion and graduation rates), the number of students receiving Pell Grants, faculty resources, student satisfaction, financial resources, expert opinion, student excellence and alumni giving.

No matter what, though, sko buffs or sko home.

University of Colorado Boulder