Petition launched to ban Milo Yiannopoulos from CU-Boulder

It currently has over 1,500 signatures

Milo Yiannopoulos is a British journalist, entrepreneur, “alt-right” figure and public speaker for Breitbart News. He has recently been traveling throughout the US and delivering speeches at universities. Grad student, Charles Wofford, at CU Boulder has created a petition in hopes to revoke Milo Yiannopoulos’ invitation to campus. The petition calls on Chancellor Philip DiStefano to revoke the invitation in hopes to stand up to Milo Yiannopoulos, who has used hateful rhetoric in reference to minorities, women, liberals, Muslims, feminists and the LGBTQ community.

Milo Yiannopoulos has written that the way to “make women happy again” is to “uninvent the pill and the washing machine.” He has referred to male feminists as “virgins, perverts, or both.” His paraphernalia included on his internationally recognized website includes collections called “Muslims suck, our shirts don’t” it is a collection solely based on promoting white privilege, printed on white hoodies, white tee shirts and white tank tops. Unsurprisingly this collection is not available in any colors other than white. The top selling product on Yiannopoulos’ website is a gray fitted tee shirt with the slogan “Feminism = to Cancer.” Other top selling Milo Yiannopoulos slogans are “Isalam Kills Fags,” and “God hates fags, but he hates Feminists more.”

At The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Milo Yiannopoulos personally harassed and berated a transgender student by projecting a photo of her and claiming that she was not trying hard enough to “pass.” Adelaide Kramer was in the audience, and was mortified at his hateful claims.

Wofford said he is concerned for the students at CU Boulder. In an interview with Campus Reform, he said, “it is, I think, the university’s responsibility to defend its students from being literally attacked, and physical harm isn’t the only kind of harm out there. The university ought to be a safe space to learn and be who you are without fear of reprisal.”

If you are interested in signing the petition to revoke Milo Yiannopoulos access to the CU Boulder community, sign the petition by Charles Wofford. It currently has over 1,500 supporters.

University of Colorado Boulder