Every reason CU Boulder is the best place on Earth

Why wouldn’t you want to be a Buff?

It’s a pretty common thing for college students to argue over who has the best food, craziest nightlife, and cutest boys or girls on campus. After freshman year, everyone goes home to their friends, both close and far, to rave about how much they love everything about their school. I am here to tell you however, that after only three weeks of school at the University of Colorado Boulder, I have the best campus and college experience waiting ahead of me. Here’s why.

I mean, look at it

You can honestly never get tired of waking up and looking up at the Flatirons. Just when you think you might be bored or “over” the view, it changes seasons and when winter rolls around, the ice caps covering the mountains will blow your mind.

Ralphie and football

One of the best traditions on campus is when Ralphie, our actual, very alive buffalo, runs around Folsom Stadium before kick off at every home game. It really gets the crowd going, especially when we play such hard teams in the PAC 12. Ralphie even attends the Rocky Mountain Showdown, where we play our state rival Colorado State University. Sko Buffs!

The Hill and Pearl Street

Besides all of the fun aspects the mountains provide as entertainment, The Hill and Pearl Street are home to some of the best restaurants, shopping and nightlife a college town can provide. Though there is no “Greek Row”, all 10 sororities and 11 fraternities are in perfect walking (or stumbling) distance from each other. Don’t even get me started on tailgating season.

The academics

It is college so we do have to talk about academics, and CU has amazing classes to offer. The course catalogue is so wide, and ranges anywhere from classes about biochemical engineering, zodiac signs, dancing the tango and pretty much everything you can imagine. There are also a wide range of clubs, including rock climbing and even Quidditch. All of the professors are dedicated to making sure they are on time with the return of assignments, and doing the best they can to have lots of office hours and teaching to the best of their ability.

Forever Buffs

The friendships that I have made, even over a three week period, cannot be compared to anywhere else. Everyone at CU is so kind and welcoming, and my large transition from as far as New England was smooth and as comforting as possible. There is a huge and amazing alumni association, and friends can be made here that are lifelong.

The University of Colorado Boulder has everything you can imagine that would make a college campus perfect. Though I graduated high school eager to attend college but also terrified to leave the comforts of home, I found my home away from home here in Boulder, Colorado. I know that going back to my hometown during holiday breaks will be great, but I will also be itching to get back to one of the best places on Earth.

University of Colorado Boulder