How to survive today’s dinner without killing anyone, according to Twitter

Read it and tweet

Ah, Thanksgiving. It’s the first big holiday we all head home from college to attend, and for a lot of college students, it’s one of the first times you’ll see all of your family (immediate and extended) in one place.

Now, some may think this is the best news ever — they’re excited for the reunion with the fam. But others, especially given the recent election, may be stressed about going home. If your family is anything like mine, nothing says Happy Turkey Day like a rousing round of political conversation at the dinner table.

You may very well be sitting  at a dinner table tomorrow night where you voted for a different presidential candidate than your uncle or your cousin or your grandma. Odds are, you and one family member or another are not going to see eye to eye on one of the many controversial topics on your dinnertable agenda. With such a polarizing debate flooding just about every media platform we have, people have taken to Twitter using #SurvivalGuideToThanksgiving to share their tips and tricks with everyone going home for the holidays.

I’m in it for the turkey and the stuffing, if you ask me.

Cornell