Cornell reviews on Yelp and TripAdvisor: The good, the bad and the weird

‘Filled with book smart people that have no common sense’

You have probably never considered scouring the depths of the internet for opinions on your school from random others. Or, if you have, you probably used more academic websites to decide where to go to school based on student body statistics and academic experience.

These comments are not those nice tidy facts aimed toward high schoolers. Instead, some people really enjoy putting their own nitty gritty comments out to the world about the true (if limited) experiences they have had around Cornell – and then reviewed us on Yelp and TripAdvisor.

There are those who adore Cornell

The raving reviews get repetitive after a while. These people sound too enthusiastic to be current students. Are they alumni? Proud parents? Enamored visitors? Whoever these people are, they are doing the admissions office a favor and really selling the school. Are we sure they’re not endorsed?

Others see through the seemingly perfect school

This one is fairly relatable, as we all can probably come up with a handful of experiences pertaining to the above notions. However, it is a bit concerning that this is the main association this reviewer has of the student body.

Our number one priority is clearly to turn the bleachers into la-z-boys

It’s understandable to be bothered if your butt falls asleep while Cornell actually makes another touch down during their three (?!) game winning streak.

Is there even a good time to tour here?

The chill and helpful atmosphere of students right before finals week is almost surprising. This just shows that nothing can break us.

If campus was crowded on the first day of classes, it will most likely continue in that pattern on the successive rest of the days on campus, seeing as classes are held daily. The trick is to find parking far away and to spend your time on campus trekking up and down the hills and avoiding contact with the masses of people walking the opposite direction from you to get the real Cornell experience. It’s all about the Itha-calves.

The cynicism is real

These are only a few of the “crown jewels” of Cornell reviews. If you find yourself with nothing better to do on the night before your next prelim, you should scour the 400+ posts on TripAdvisor yourself. It is chock full of salty Ivy hopefuls, complaints about parking on campus, those who dislike the difference between California weather and the seasons of Upstate New York, and of course people who hate construction.

In under twenty words, this last one is fairly accurate

Cornell