Over 80 percent of Cornell students plan to vote for Hillary Clinton

Trump received less than 10 percent of the vote in The Tab Cornell’s poll

The Tab recently put out a poll asking readers from colleges across the country to share their choice for President this election.

Unsurprisingly, 85 percent of all respondents at Cornell chose Hillary Clinton, as have most top colleges included in our poll.

As this election cycle has progressed, Trump has managed to alienate numerous groups of the American population, both directly and indirectly. Based on these results, American millennials (broadly) are a major portion of these groups who have been indirectly attacked by the Trump campaign.

Of course, the millennial generation is extremely diverse, which would mean Trump has likely also directly insulted members of America’s youngest generation in any number of ways. Hence why nearly 95 percent of respondents said they wouldn’t vote for Trump.

A breakdown of Cornell’s results is illustrated by these images:

How all respondents voted

How female respondents voted (nobody selected ‘other sex’)

Clearly, female respondents to our poll at Cornell are not keen on Donald Trump (or any other candidates) at all. Although these results come from a small sample size of 118 readers, it is fair to assume the vast majority of Cornell women will vote for Clinton on November 8th.

How male respondents voted (nobody selected ‘other sex’)

With only about 1/3 of the responses being men, Trump’s numbers may be assumed to be slightly skewed. However, over 3/4 of male respondents still chose Clinton, even with the option to choose a third party candidate along with Trump. Despite his wider appeal to men, it is clear Cornell men are not convinced. Another interesting tidbit from this data is that two more female respondents used their vote on Trump than their male counterparts, and Trump received only one percent less of the vote from females than males.

Despite the amazing distance between Clinton and Trump in our poll, the results are indicative of the election’s most recent trends. Clinton’s lead has increased over the past week, as shown by major polls on RealClearPolitics:

RealClearPolitics’ polls from Monday, October 10

With Election Day looming large, the millennial vote in some areas of the country could ultimately determine the next leader of the free world. Considering Cornell is home to about 14,000 undergraduate students and about 7,500 post-graduates with around 15,000 of Cornell’s 21,000+ students being US citizens, a big chunk of the youth vote will come from current students in this tiny central New York town.

Credible post-debate polls also pointed towards a clear Clinton win, so it is not unreasonable to believe that over three out of four Cornell students will be casting their (probably first) vote for her on November 8th.

Cornell