In case you still need them, here are some reasons not to vote for Trump

I cannot believe I’m having to say this

Donald Trump, a man once known for his upscale hotel chain and host of popular reality show, The Apprentice, is now the Republican candidate for the election of the President of the United States of America. At first seen as a joke, Trump is now a viable, and surprisingly popular candidate for the most powerful position in the world.

Trump is unlike any other candidate for the president that we have seen before: he literally says exactly what’s on his mind. From his ludicrous gaffes, and insensitive language regarding feminist politics, immigration, economic stability, and countless other topics, Trump makes sure to let people know exactly what he is thinking. Due to this, Trump has revealed many thoughts of his that show that he is very problematic, and definitely not for as powerful a position as being President of the United States entails.

Simply put, Trump is not prepared or deserving to be President of the United States, and here are seven reasons why he does not deserve your vote:

He is openly misogynistic

On countless occasions, Trump has voiced his outrageous and incredibly rude opinions on women. From commenting on women’s looks, saying how much women’s looks matter, and women’s body politics Trump has shown the utmost disrespect to women everywhere. Trump literally said that women grovel for him because he’s rich and powerful, that past contestants on The Apprentice wanted to be with him, and Hillary Clinton should not be president because she “can’t even satisfy her own husband”. Should you really give your vote to someone who views women as glorified sex objects, and judges women by her husband’s actions? Nah.

He’s very creepy

Let’s not forget the time when he said that he would bang his own daughter. Enough said.

He has no political experience

Donald Trump literally has zero political experience. Trump was born into wealth, went Fordham and UPenn and then started his business career by opening Trump Towers. Since opening the Trump Towers, Trump has also been involved in many bankruptcy lawsuits. Also, his resume includes him being the host of The Apprentice, and owning different beauty pageants. Those aspects of Trump’s career do not provide him with the necessary experience to be President of the United States. Where is his experience with politics at the local, regional, state-wide, national, or international level? Exactly, now where to be found. The President of the United States is a purely political position, so if a candidate does not have political experience then they should not have the job.

He is a bigot

For this example, there are honestly too many stories we could talk about. Donald Trump has made racist remarks against many marginalized groups of people, mainly Blacks and Hispanics. Trump takes the tokenistic fallacy to a whole other level by using his African-American support at validation to prove that he is not racist … Nah buddy, it doesn’t work like that. Also, David Duke, former leader of the Ku Klux Klan, a white supremacist group, has endorsed Trump for President, and Trump failed to denounce them. Trump claimed that he could not denounce a group that he has not done any research on. Just wow. And let’s not forget that he wants to build a wall cross the US-Mexican border to “keep all the immigrants out”. But Trumps wives are immigrants … interesting.

He is just plain rude

The President of the United States is a very well respected position. People who are lucky enough to hold that position are held to certain standard when it comes to their respectability politics and politeness; Trump certainly does not live up to this standard. Trump openly speaks of his disdain for certain groups of people, and has explicitly called people ugly, and told them they need to lose weight. During the first presidential debate, Trump interrupted rival candidate Hilary Clinton a total of seventy times. Let that sink in. Someone as disrespectful as Trump does not deserve your vote.

Trump has no clear economic policy outline

Every candidate for the President of the United States America usually talks about how they will change the economy for the better, and gives a clear plan of how to do so; and Trump has not fulfilled this. Trump always says what he is going to do, but when asked how he will do it, makes some excuse and talks about he’s the best man for the job. Yeah, we don’t think so.

He’s simply not trustworthy

Donald Trump is just not trustworthy. He refuses to release his taxes, after saying countless times that he had no reason as to why he should not, yet they are still not released. Trump also has a bad habit of not owning up to things he has said in the past even when shown the truth about it. The President of the United States should not have this characteristic.

Overall, Donald Trump is just too problematic to deserve your vote for the President of the United States of America.

Cornell