EXCLUSIVE: Gary Johnson campaign says Cornell Republicans have taken ‘a courageous stand’

At least they’re getting support from somewhere

The Gary Johnson campaign loves the Cornell College Republicans – and thinks they’ve taken “a courageous stand.”

In a landmark decision a couple weeks back, the Cornell Republicans decided to endorse Libertarian Gary Johnson, instead of Republican nominee Donald Trump.

Since announcing their decision, the Cornell Republicans have been booted out of the New York Federation of College Republicans, breaching regulations by endorsing someone outside the party.

And now in their time of need, Gary Johnson’s campaign has come out in full support of the beleaguered Cornell group.

The Johnson camp exclusively told The Tab:

“The Cornell College Republicans have taken a courageous stand, and should be commended, not persecuted, for thinking for themselves and acting on principle. We need more of that in politics. Affiliating with a political party shouldn’t require anyone to shelve his or her First Amendment rights, and we’re proud of these young people for making that point.”

At least they’re getting support from somewhere.

Cornell