Partying with Hillary Clinton fans after her huge win in New York

She secured over 57 percent of the vote

There was excitement, hope, and a sense of victory in the atmosphere at Former Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton’s New York Democratic Primary event last night at the Sheraton Hotel in Midtown.

Droves of die-hard Hillary supporters came out to the party as they eagerly waited to learn of their candidate’s fate in the New York Primary as she faced off against grassroots phenom, and current Vermont Senator, Bernie Sanders.

The results of the New York Republican Primary came in first, just after polls closed at 9pm, and revealed as predicted that Donald Trump made short work of his opponents Senator Ted Cruz of Texas and Governor John Kasich of Ohio, securing more than 50 percent of the vote in New York.

The crowd that had gathered to support Hillary Clinton got the news they were waiting for shortly after 9:30pm when CNN projected that she would win the New York Democratic Primary with roughly 58 percent of the vote.

The cheers that erupted in the ballroom were almost deafening and the mood when from one that was filled with joy and hopeful anticipation, to an all out victory celebration.

Shortly after the announcement, Former New York City Mayor David Dinkins, current New York City Mayor Bill De Blasio, and current New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo all came out to speak to the crowd and introduce Hillary Clinton ahead of her victory speech.

When Hillary finally came out to “Empire State of Mind”, she first took the time to thank all her supporters and volunteers for making her win in New York possible.

She then went on to take a dig at the Republican candidates, referring in many ways to Donald Trump, about what she described as tactics of fear and divisiveness.

Hillary rounded out her victory speech by reiterating some of the tenets of the platform she is running on such as equal pay for women, keeping taxes low on the middle class, economic empowerment, investing in education, and common sense gun reform.

This is a much needed win for the Clinton campaign considering Bernie Sanders has won eight out of the last nine state primaries and seemed to be on quite a roll.

This win may be overshadowed by a bit of controversy by the fact that some 125,000 voters in Brooklyn were unexpectedly purged from the rolls by the City Board of Elections and unable to vote in yesterday’s primary.

After last night’s win the Hillary campaign will be gearing up for the next round of primary battles on April 26th in Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, and Rhode Island.

Columbia University