Speakers for CC and SEAS Class Days announced

Executive Editor of The New York Times Dean Baquet and COO of Buzzfeed Jon Steinberg

With only 55 days left until Commencement, more information about graduation week is slowly trickling in.

Even though the performers for Bacchanal, which is less than two weeks away, are yet to be announced, you can rest easy knowing that the speakers for Columbia College Class Day and SEAS Class Day have.

The speaker for Columbia College Class Day is the Executive Editor of The New York Times and Columbia College Alumnus, Dean Baquet (CC ’78) and the Class Day speaker for SEAS is former President and COO of Buzzfeed and Columbia Business School Alumnus, Jon Steinberg (BUS ’03).

Dean and Jon

These two join a long line of very prestigious Class Day speakers. Some notable class day speakers in years past for Columbia College are former President of the NAACP Benjamin Jealous (CC ’94) in 2010, former United States Attorney General Eric Holder (CC ’73) in 2009, current owner of the New England Patriots Robert Kraft (CC ’66) in 2005, and TV News personality George Stephanopoulos (CC ’82) in 2003.

Some notable Class Day speakers in years past for SEAS are current Chairman and CEO of Xerox Ursula Burns (SEAS M.S. ’82) in 2012, current CEO of Boeing Commercial Airplanes James Albaugh (SEAS M.S. ’74), and former NASA Astronaut and current Columbia University Professor Michael “Mike” Massimino (SEAS ’74).

Columbia College Class Day will be held on Tuesday, May 17 at 9:30am on the South Lawn of Morningside Campus. SEAS Class day will be held on Monday, May 16th at 5pm, also on the South Lawn of Morningside campus.

Columbia University