What you missed at Columbia this week

In case you weren’t paying attention

This week we asked Columbians if they felt safe living in a bustling metropolis in the aftermath of the attacks on Paris, had a couple of freshmen review Koronet and gave you more than a few good reasons to not only leave campus, but to leave Manhattan altogether.

Hope everyone had a wonderful friendsgiving.

Do students feel safe in NYC?

We asked students if they were scared living in New York after the Paris attacks. We got loud NOs from some.

Most refuse to be afraid because “that’s just capitulating to terrorism”.

Others shook their heads and vowed to avoid Black Friday sales… But you know, as one student put it, it’s epistemically and metaphysically possible that we could get shot in five seconds, so might as well keep on movin.

Stay tuned to hear what French students think about it and what they are hearing from back home.

Koronet’s pizza tastes better at 2am

Because we just don’t get enough. Two of our freshmen reporters took on the delicious task of judging whether Koronet’s really lives up to its legendary reputation.

Ground breaking findings…they discovered that it does NOT taste the same between two classes on a Monday afternoon as it does at 2am on a Saturday night.

Some advice: enjoy your giant slice of pizza with some drunk friends, not your school bag.

Enough about pizza.

Let’s talk about performances instead.

A Columbia researcher’s take on Turkey supporting ISIS

Since the Huffington Post published it a few weeks ago, Professor Phillips’ piece on the links between Turkey and ISIS raised a lot of debate.

While some people say “Meh not a shocker,” others don’t like the sound of claims like: “Turkey and ISIS share a worldview,” and they need more than a Facebook quote, an ISIS logo on some Turkish letter and a few remarks to be convinced.

What do your teachers think about the Turkey and ISIS links? Find out students’ and the faculty’s opinions this week.

Vintage activism.

You all love Willy-b

To end on a lighter note, our Brooklyn native puts Manhattan to shame and tells us all about the secrets of the far away land of Williamsburg.

Maybe we WILL hop on the subway train after all…

Columbia University Columbia Roundup Sunday The Tab