Graduating seniors told us what they’ll miss most about Clemson

There’s something in these hills

Graduation is a time that focuses on moving forward, but it’s also a time of reflection and probably crying every day. Clemson is going to be impossible to say goodbye to for seniors graduating this Thursday and Friday because it has given us the best years of our lives. From cheering on the National Championship football team to boating on Lake Hartwell, Clemson is unlike any place in the country and it is deeply loved by all who get to experience it. There’s a million things to miss about this place, but we asked seniors what they will miss most.

David Shulman, Material Science Engineering major, Apopka, FL

“The thing I’ll miss the most are the incredible opportunities Clemson gave me. A small town like Clemson was the perfect environment to get the chance to play with a great group of guys for people who have really supported us from the start.”

Krista Laitner, Industrial Engineering major, Moorestown, NJ

“I’m going to miss my Clemson family and the welcoming feeling I have everywhere I go. I’ll miss my advisor, who I often refer to as my therapist. I’ll miss my Loose and Todaros friends and the lit times I’ve had at those places. Most importantly, I’ll miss the best friends a girl could ever ask for and all the memories I have with them that will last a lifetime. Clemson gave me the best four years of my life and I can’t wait to come back and visit!”

Elouise Cram, Spanish and International Health, Hilton Head Island, SC

“I will miss the Learning Resource Center in Edwards and invigorating surges of adrenaline when running to beat parking services to my expired meter.”

Ben Vondenbrink, Civil Engineering, Cincinnati, OH

“People watching in the front window of TTT’s.”

Ellianna Nixon, English major, Hilton Head Island, SC

“I will miss my lunatic friends who have made these past four years unforgettable. Clemson is amazing for many reasons, but none of those reasons would have mattered if I didn’t have them to enjoy it all with.”

Christine Angert, Math major, Charlotte, NC

“I’m going to miss going to the same school as my sister and being part of the math department.”

Maddy Reilly, History major, Cincinnati, OH

“I’m going to miss being greeted by name when I go to TTT’s and also pretzel cookie dough ice cream from Spill The Beans.”

Stephen Linnell, Computer Science major, Neshanic Station, NJ

“$2 Daytona Coronas.”

Clemson University