Clemson student arrested for posting threatening Yaks about Sikes protesters

Jamie Moore is charged with unlawful use of a telephone

CUPD has arrested a person who posted three anonymous threats on Yik Yak towards the protesters at Sikes Hall.

In a campus wide email this evening, Clemson University Media Relations said the man who was arrested, who we now know is Jamie Reece Moore, was charged with South Carolina Code of Laws 16-17-0430 “Unlawful Communication.”

The Tab Clemson reported the presence of racist and threatening Yaks when the protest began.

arrest

Greenville Online’s Nathaniel Cary reported: “According to the warrant, at 10.09pm, Moore posted ‘What time is the lynch mob tomorrow? I got a couple hundred feet of rope.’

“That was followed by a message at 11.04pm that said ‘Let’s do to the Clemson protesters what Ohio did to the Kent State student protesters 40 years ago,’ the warrant states. Then, the warrant states, at 11.07pm, he posted ‘Drive by at Sikes??'”

Although comments on social media platforms on Yik Yak are anonymous, posts that are considered intimidating or threatening may be reported to law enforcement.

13054641_10154826484164972_597878397_o

The Journal reporter Eric Sprott tweeted: “According to his warrant, Moore is charged with unlawful use of a telephone for making multiple threats. He’s free on a $470 PR bond.”

Clemson University