Bucknell isn’t economically diverse but produces successful students

A new study by The New York Times shows graduates are almost always successful

According to a study published in the New York Times, Bucknell students both come from richer households and make more money than students from most other schools in Pennsylvania, in the Patriot League and other elite schools.

Unfortunately Bucknell was oneĀ of the least economically diverse schools in the study, the average family income for a Bucknell student is $204,200. While 73% of students come from the top 20%, only 2.3% of students come from the bottom 20%.

But let’s talk about where we’ll end up. Bucknell students are pretty lucky. In about 15 years, the majority of us will be in the top 20% and 9.5% will be in the top 1%.

Students who come from poor backgrounds will be in the 68th income percentile, while students who come from rich backgrounds will be in the 78th percentile. While these are just averages, you’re set either way.

Source: The New York Times

Although the majority of Bucknell students come from relatively rich backgrounds, once you’re at Bucknell, no matter where you come from, according to this study, Bucknell will lead you to a pot of gold. Out of the 2,137 colleges studied, Bucknell comes in 50th for percent of students becoming rich by age 34 and 53rd for percent of students who come from the bottom quintile and got to the top quintile.

Source: The New York Times

So get ready Bucknellians, we’re gonna take over the world.

Bucknell University