Bucknell is the best place to be in the fall

Excuse me while I add cinnamon to everything

As October falls on Bucknell, the ground is decorated with a rainbow of leaves and the air smells like apples and happiness.

Fall is a wonderful season anywhere, but there’s no doubt that it’s the best season at Bucknell.

You can wear PJs all the time

After months of hibernation, Bucknell students pull out the oversized sweaters and fuzzy socks and call it fashion. The season of the most comfortable clothes, study clothes and pajamas are now deemed acceptable to wear all the time.

Amanda Cay, 18, Undecided, killing it in an oversized sweater and boots

Fuzzy socks, knit sweaters, scarves, leggings and boots are just some favorites among the students. Others prefer moccasins, quarter zips and baggy pants. Fall clothes are like a big, warm hug, and who doesn’t look forward to that?

Summer wardrobe – out

What better reason to shop than a new season. As fall comes around, we have the opportunity to change everything – our clothes, makeup, maybe grades. It’s an opportunity to restart the year a little bit, even if you started off bad. You can’t shop for grades, but you can definitely check out Lewisburg’s boutiques, which show that small towns really do have charm.

The fall drinks are almost better than the fall clothes

A hot apple cider or pumpkin spiced latte from 7th Street would make anyone’s day infinitely better. Hot coffee is finally a thing again for all the coffee addicts who have been forced to drink iced coffee all summer, and the tea varieties expand.

You can put cinnamon in any drink and it fits in with the autumn theme.

Apple Chai-der at Amami

The pumpkin-flavored everything, the butternut squash soup, the sweet potatoes everywhere – whether in the caf or at Amami, fall food is the best. The soup warms your insides leaves you happy for the rest of the day. Students don’t have to buy apples for the rest of the season because the caf leaves out bowls of them.

Lizzie Baker, 19, Undecided eating an Amami Chicken Panini

Apple pie, pumpkin pie and sweet potato pie don’t even compare to caramel apples and ginger snaps. Fall deserts are the food of life.

Ard’s Farm comes into its own

Two words – corn maze. The Ard’s farm corn maze is one of the best parts of fall because what better way to bond with friends than to try to randomly guess your way out of tall corn and take some great pictures (not to mention the signs about alpacas). If you’re not into getting lost for an extended period of time, Ard’s Farm still has an amazing restaurant and market, a slide, a fossil dig and more pumpkins than you ever dreamed. It’s the perfect place to wear your fall clothes to get some fall food.

A picture taken from the platform in the middle of the maze

Bucknell becomes incredibly colorful

Watching the leaves fall to the ground in a shower of red, orange and yellow, It’s hard not to be mesmerized. There’s also that one time in the middle of the day when the weather is absolutely perfect and the sun filters through the leaves, hitting the ground and warming the air a little in the way that makes it feel like a storybook.

It’s also the perfect not-too-hot, not-too-cold temperature.

The leaves changing in Lewisburg

The sunsets somehow become better

Every evening the sun sets on Bucknell, illuminating the campus in an almost magical glow. Bucknellians are lucky to get to see this.

Everyone has the childhood photo playing in leaves or throwing them around. Bucknell can get stressful, so luckily some of its students never grow up. One of the best ways to destress or have fun is to play in leaves as if we were five years old, but we can only do that in the fall. Luckily, It’s fall!

Erin Liffiton, 18, Linguistics, having fun outside of Smith Hall

Time to revamp your bedroom

If your room has been looking bland so far, now is the time to change it. Hanging fall wreaths on doors, painting pumpkins you got at Ard’s Farm, decking out your room in orange and yellow, your roommate may hate you, but it’s worth it.

You may hang up a corn ear or too that you took from the corn maze as well.

Hallo-winning

It’s finally Halloween season again. Some people have been planning out their costumes for a year, some people have just been waiting for the parties during halloweek, but either way, halloween is upon us again.

Get ready to count the Harry Potter costumes.

Decorations in a Lewisburg boutique

Fall is an excuse for introverts to cuddle up under blankets and watch movies and for food lovers to never stop eating. Fall is best at Bucknell, and Bucknell is best during fall.

Bucknell University