This is what the internet thinks of Bucknell

Haters gonna hate

If you’ve spent more than ten minutes on Bucknell’s campus, it’s easy to to see that we’re the greatest school in the nation. Yet, unfortunately, not everyone thinks that.

We decided to collate, the very few, best-worst reviews of Bucknell, from College Niche, Yelp, TripAdvisor, and Facebook.

College Niche:

“If your not a girl you are not getting in”

Then where’d all of our fraternity guys come from?

“I didn’t get any scholarships…”

I’m sorry…?

“It’s PA, the weather sucks everywhere in PA. There are nice days here and there in early fall late spring but that’s about it”

Because the weather is certainly our fault.

“Frats are crowded and dirty, you often wait outside for long periods of time”

“The music sucks for the most part. DONT go downtown in the winter, it’s not worth it. Go for it in the summer though. Might find something worth while.”

But crowded frats are the best frats.

“Absolutely nothing whatsoever to do either on Bucknell’s campus or in Lewisburg”

“A few stores that aren’t really aimed at anything in particular, no places like a good sub shop or anything emblematic of a traditional college town.”

“There are lots of places to eat, the ethnic variety might not quell any exotic desires.”

“Dominoes, Pizza Phi, Larry’s Pizza, Sushihanna, China King, Perkin’s Family Restaurant, Zelda’s on The Park, Wendy’s, Dunkin’ Donuts, McDonalds, KFC, Hot Diggity Dogz, La Casa de Pizza, Tokyo Diner, Stay Sweet Cupcakery, Mercado Burrito, Casa Sanchez, China House, Elizabeth’s, and others. You might have noticed that the list includes lots of pizza or Amerian fast food styled places. So while there are lots of places to eat, the ethnic variety might not quell any exotic desires.”

Bummer they missed Siam; Thai food is pretty exotic.

TripAdvisor:

“This was kind of interesting to drive through. There’s nothing really special here but I did like a lot of the buildings.”

Rooke Chapel, man, it’ll get ya.

Yelp:

All the Yelp Reviews were glowing. In fact, the worst review still gave Bucknell 5 stars, but was only bad because it was the least descriptive:

“Beautiful campus, great people, strong school spirit! Ray Bucknell!”

Facebook:

Facebook seemed to be the home of politically-charged, middle-aged, men, who seemed to be critiquing politics more than the university itself.

“These little dictators are equally laughable and pathetic”

“Don’t go here if you are incapable of resisting the loser pull of a bunch of special snowflakes who won’t be able to get a job when they graduate because the real world doesn’t owe them a damn thing. These little dictators are equally laughable and pathetic”

“Liberal hellhole that will leave you 100k in debt (or more) for a worthless degree.”

Worthless? *checks list of notable Bucknell alumni* 

In the wise words of Taylor Swift, “haters gonna hate.”

From Flyson to sunsets on the quad, Bucknell’s the place to be.

We love Bucknell, so in other words, ‘Ray!

Bucknell University