Everything that happened at Bucknell Fall Fest 2016

It was a constant stampede for free t-shirts

This year Bucknell was killin’ it with Fall Fest.

Starting off the afternoon with Quidditch simulations, bouncy castles and a ferris wheel, it only got better from there. For six hours students came and went as they pleased, only there to have fun and relax.

Everyone was mainly hanging out on the grass, eating and listening to music – we were there to destress from the week.

It’s just the beginning

I waited years to play Quidditch

Some incredibly talented Bucknellians sang the afternoon away, leaving the rest of us in awe, watching. The crowd connected with the students on stage, singing along with them. The music was pretty amazing, but the food could not be beat.

Sierra Meggit, 18, who’s studying Managing for Sustainability, said the best part of fall fest was the tater-tots.

“They were cheesy and potato-ey and that sort of fit the bill.”

The cotton candy machine, ice cream and coconut macaroons were too good to resist any of them, and the line never got too long for any of them because everything was equally delicious (besides the tater-tots).

They don’t need instruments to sound amazing

Residents of Lewisburg began to join the Bucknell crowd, tailgating, going on the super slide and setting up games on the grass. It was nearly impossible to walk from the princess castle bouncy house to the food line without walking through several bean bag tosses.

The families of Lewisburg came into the Bucknell community as if they were part of it, because they are. They fit right in among the crowd, eating and playing together.

Catching the shirts from the super slide

The shirts were an important part of the fest. Every so often, the staff would shoot them from any elevated platform and each time someone nearly got trampled because of how quickly people went for them. The flying sunglasses, bracelets and lanyards weren’t a bad second, though.

Wearing the list of events

As the afternoon approached evening, Bucknell and Lewisburg gathered on the lawn for the final event of Fall Fest, JESSE MCCARTNEY!

In the words of Lizzie bAKER, 18, “Obviously jesse McCartney was a blast.” It goes without saying.

Starting with some new hits, he got the crowd nearly in tears from excitement, before returning to some classic throwbacks, bringing on the actual tears.

We’ve waited for this since middle school

Jesse interacted with the crowd, asking question and making conversation. We can basically consider him a Bison at this point.

He brought a girl up on stage for one of the songs (*cries heard all around*) and told us stories of running into celebrities this week and telling them that he’s playing at Bucknell. everyone can obviously relate. Ending the evening with “Beautiful Soul”, this Fall Fest may never be topped.

“I want you and your beautiful soul”

Fall Fest 2016 ended too soon. As the crowd made its way towards the football stadium, there wasn’t a frown to be seen.

See ya next year at Bucknell Fall Fest 2017!

Bucknell University