Upcoming fun fall events to look forward to

It’s officially fall, get those calendars out.

So you've got your pumpkin spiced latte, broken out your comfiest sweater and you're ready to take on the crisp autumn season that is fast approaching. But, are you really ready for fall if you're not taking advantage of the many fun activities in and around the Boston area during this beautiful time of the year?

Whether it's your first or your twenty-first time experiencing fall, you'll want to check some of these activities out.

1) Pumpkin Float – October 20th 2017

Photo by Patricia Santana | Tab Photographer

This free event at the Boston Common Frog Pond may be family oriented, but it's still super cool. People bring carved illuminated pumpkins, and send them off into the pond. It's a pretty awesome sight, so even if you don't enjoy carving pumpkins definitely go check out all the floating jack-o-laterns for a pretty Instagram picture. It's from 5:00 PM- 8:00 PM.

2) The Head of the Charles Regatta – October 21st-22nd

The best crew teams come out for this two-day rowing competition on the Charles and it's a great event to watch and really feel like a Bostonian. This event is a staple of autumn in Boston, so go be apart of the thousands of spectators that come out every year.

3) Halloween Horror Marathon – October 28th

Every year the Coolidge Corner Theater hosts a twelve hour horror movie marathon. They have announced two of the movies will be Zombie and Night of the Living Dead, but they keep the rest of the movies a secret until showtime. If you want to be scared this is the place to be; they claim to never leave a viewer unafraid. Prices range from $25-$30 so get those tickets early.

4) Honey Pot Hill Orchards

This place may be a bit far away, so make friends with someone who has a car. The drive is worth it though, because they have hedge mazes, hayrides, and are nominated as the best apple orchard of 2017. Talk about some good apple picking. They also have a farm store with cider donuts, apple pies, and caramel apples.

5) Blue Hills Reservation

This reservation is just a few miles outside of Boston and is a great opportunity to take in the beautiful fall foliage native to New England. It's 7,000 acres with scenic hiking and biking trails. If you're more active, or just want a really good Instagram picture, this is the place to be.

6) SoWa Open Market

Open every Sunday through October 26th from 10 AM- 4 PM, this area in the South End turns into an adorable fall experience. It hosts a variety of vendors, including jewelry, paintings, ceramics, clothing, and 35 different food trucks. The Farmers Market also has local produce and fall goodies such as squash, pumpkins, and apples.

7) Boston Ghost and Gravestone Tour

This spooky trolley ride will give you a frightful tour of the city's most haunted spots along with a stop at two of Boston's oldest graveyards. You'll learn about the "Day of Darkness" in 1780, the ghost of Boston Harbor, the Boston strangler, and much more. It's scary, entertaining, and informative. It costs $35 for a tour.

8) Walk through Beacon Hill

This area of Boston is known for its crazy and colorful Halloween decorations on the windows and doors of the houses. Many people take a stroll down the road to check out the cool decorations. You could also join a photography tour that will take you down the street and tell you about the history and people of the area.

Happy October 1st readers.

BU