Famous people you can call a fellow terrier

BU has cranked out some real winners

Before these people shot to stardom, they were regular students at BU majoring in religious studies, acting, and everything in between.

So the next time you’re at the bar, here are some famous people you can say went to your school.

Martin Luther King Jr.

Probably BU’s most famous alumni, Martin Luther King Jr. came to BU in 1951 as a graduate student to receive his Ph.D. in systematic theology, with a dissertation on A Comparison of the Conceptions of God in the Thinking of Paul Tillich and Henry Nelson Wieman.

The dean of Marsh Chapel at the time, Howard Thurman, served as King’s mentor and spiritual guide.

Julianne Moore

Image result for julianne moore

Best known for her roles in The Lost World: Jurassic Park, The Big Lebowski, The Hunger Games, and Crazy, Stupid, Love, Julianne Moore attended CFA in 1983 with a BFA in Theatre. Since graduating, she has appeared in over 40 movies and won one Academy Award for her role in Still Alice.

Uzo Aduba

Arguably Orange is the New Black’s best character, Uzo Aduba graduated from CFA in 2005 where she studied classical voice, and also ran for BU’s track team. In recent years, she’s won two awards for her role as “Crazy Eyes” on OITNB, and she also spoke at BU’s commencement ceremony.

PSY

Image result for psy

Dropping out after one year of business administration studies, PSY went on to attend Berklee College of Music and ultimately created everyone’s favorite song, “Gangnam Style.”

Ginnifer Goodwin

Image result for ginnifer goodwin

Once Upon a Time and He’s Just Not That Into You star Ginnifer Goodwin transferred to BU for her sophomore year to pursue a BFA degree. While here, she was in several student short films and college stage productions, all while maintaining the grades to graduate with honors.

Jenna Marbles

It may come as a surprise that the popular YouTube star, Jenna Marbles, studied Sport Psychology and Counseling at BU, graduating in 2010. Marbles has over 15 million subscribers and 1.7 billion video views, giving her the 7th most subscribed YouTube channel.

Jason Alexander

Most known for his role in Seinfeld as George Constanza, Alexander ultimately dropped out of BU after landing a paying gig in New York.

Rosie O’Donnell

Similarly to Alexander, O’Donnell dropped out of BU to pursue her acting career and was clearly successful in doing so. She became very popular with standup comedy on “Star Research,” and eventually started her own show, “The Rosie O’Donnell Show.”

Emily Deschanel

After graduating from CFA in 1998, Deschanel went on to making her name in Hollywood. Most popular for her role as Dr. Temperance Brennan in Bones, Emily is also the sister of well-known actress, Zooey Deschanel.

Geena Davis

After graduating from CFA in 1979, Geena Davis received an Oscar for Best Supporting Actress for her role in The Accidental Tourist and is also known for her role as Dr. Nicole Herman in Grey’s Anatomy.

Just in case you ever run into any of these BU alumni, at least you’ll be able to bond over grade deflation.

BU