We asked students what they wish they knew before going to college and this is what they said

“You might crack your chin open and have to get seven stitches at one point or another but it’s going to be ok!”

Nobody really knows what they’re getting into when they’re heading to college. You may have older siblings or older friends that have told you stories or tried to give you advice but you won’t truly understand what college life is like until you get there. However, with a new school year starting and a new load of incoming freshmen, The Tab decided to help you guys out. Here are some things that college students wish they knew before going to college:

Taylor Wittman, JMU, 2020

“Everyone says they’re broke. You think it’s a joke but you’re actually broke. You obviously find money for a margarita and cheesey bread though.”

Mayes Lane, Penn State, 2020

“I wish I knew that community bathrooms aren’t that bad.”

Anna Sirianni, Mizzou, 2020

“Your only priority is becoming the best version of yourself.”

Will Lambert, BU, 2019

“I wish I knew how fast it would go by. I’m starting my junior year next semester and it feels like I was just at freshman orientation.”

Cameron Costello, Lafayette College, 2020

“Assignments take way longer than you think. And stay on top of your laundry.”

Mariah McGlone, Temple, 2020

“Every high school teacher is wrong about college.”

Tim Heffernan, Penn State, 2020

“Long distance relationships don’t work.”

Maggie Dougherty, Rollins College, 2020

“People don’t just come to you. You have to put yourself out there to find your squad.”

Harry Perrault, BU, 2020

“I wish I knew from day 1 that you have to have no regard for human life in order to get a seat on the BU shuttle.”

Kelly Hayden, UVA, 2020

“You will actually have zero free time despite the fact you aren’t in class that often. You’ll either be spending your time doing homework or going out and there will be no chill days of Netflix.”

Alex Lotier, Syracuse, 2020

“I wish I already knew how to fold my clothes. I’m still working on it.”

Kaitlyn Hirsch, BU, 2020

“All I know is that I wish I knew as little about grade deflation as I did before.”

College is very unpredictable but hopefully these insights from students will help all you incoming freshmen feel a little more prepared.

BU