Questions transfer students have for BU

I’m sorry, but that is not a beach

If you’ve been at BU for some time, you probably have noticed yourself making friends with more and more transfer students. Coming from all different schools and walks of life, there are some things we all just don’t understand here. And we want answers.

What’s up with the BUS?

No one at orientation told you that the BUS system is completely whack. Yeah, it’s free, but the map said the bus would outside of Myles in four minutes… it’s been 15 minutes, and we’re now realizing we’re not getting to class on time.

Why is this campus a literal mile long?

Our legs our thanking you, but we’re not. Going from the Photonics Center to CGS to COM to CAS has us wondering why we didn’t transfer to a school with a centralized campus.

Why do we spell out CAS?

We just don’t understand.

Saying “CAS” versus spelling it out is just so much nicer, and it’s less confusing when you’re trying to remember whether your class was in CAS or CGS. Get on board people.

Why are we so far away from West?

So like, yes. Danielsen IS in a bomb part of the city. We’ll give Danielsen that. Beacon Street is the epitome of a New England dream, and we’re walking distance to Newbury and EVERYONE’S favorite convenient mart. But we’re so far from our friends in West and having to trek back to East from the weekly Allston crawl is getting ridiculously annoying.

Why isn’t there more seating in the GSU?

There is nothing more triggering than trying to balance your venti Starbucks, a bowl of Loose Leafs, and your Canada Goose jacket while trying to find a table. Also, why do some of you use the largest booth when you are by yourself?

Why are the CGS London students considered transfers?

They technically didn’t transfer from anywhere – they’re starting out here, right?!

Why is it called the ‘BU beach’?

All the orientation directors raved about the ‘beach’. Sure, it’s awesome on the days where the weather is nice to see a bunch of students sitting on the grass or throwing a frisbee around. But, we’re sorry because this stretch of grass just cannot be justified as a beach.

Could you, like, chill for a sec?

We get it. BU is ranked the 37th best university in the country, blah blah blah. But even Harvard has syllabus week.

Why are we already crying on the third floor of Mugar two days into school?

Sincerely, transfers that are really confused.

BU