BU Men’s Hockey is playing BC on Friday the 13th and it’s going to be epic

Those overgrown pigeons ain’t got nothin on us

This Friday, the men’s hockey team is playing Boston College. This game brings a lot of hype, especially with BU’s fifth place ranking and BC sitting in eighth.

This will be the battle of Comm Ave.

BU is coming off numerous wins. BU beat Union 5-4 earlier in January, and just a few days ago, BU defeated UMass at Frozen Fenway 5-3.

But don’t forget the biggest win of all- BU had seven players in the World Junior Hockey Championships. Six played for Team USA, and one for Team Canada. In the final of the tournament, USA played Canada, guaranteeing at least one of our guys would help bring home gold. Team USA won in overtime.

With that said, BC had only five players in the tournament: three for USA, two for Finland.

This is the “First time in the 41-year history of World Juniors that six players from the same school win a gold medal,” according to the BU Men’s Hockey official Instagram. “Congrats to Team USA and these six Terriers, who combined for 29 points (11g, 18a) and helped the team win all seven of its games in the tournament!”

As for the game this Friday…

Past wins “just add fuel to the fire,” said captain and senior Doyle Somerby in an interview in September.

Somerby and the team’s assistant captain, Nikolas Olsson, agreed: “I just want all students to know that we play our best in front of a packed house of our peers at Agganis.”

The puck drops Friday at 7:30 p.m. Be there or be square.

Featured image by Barron Roth Photography.

BU agganis arena boston boston college boston students boston university BU college hockey