What you will not miss about BU this break

Get me out of this grade deflated hell hole

As great as Boston University is, sometimes it’s okay to want to get as far away from the school as possible. Finals week takes a lot out of us, and by the end of it, you’re crazy if you don’t think about dropping out of college.

So here are the things you definitely won’t miss about BU over winter break.

Pretending like you know how to do laundry

Heading off to college means learning how to do laundry. Learning how to do laundry probably means ruining most of your clothes in the process. It will definitely be nice to not pay money to shrink every article of clothing you own for the next month. It will also be nice not to have people take your clean clothes out of the washer and put them on a germ infested table.

Taking an elevator 10 times a day

Packing yourself in an elevator with 12 people and stopping on every floor all while trying to make your 8am is not too fun. What’s even less appealing are the people that get in the elevator on the first floor and get off at the second- you know who you are.

Dining halls and inedible food

I don’t think I’ve ever been more excited for my mom to cook dinner. If I have to eat Warren’s Mongolian Grill or the thing that they call “pizza” one more time I will riot. With that said, we’ll all probably miss people watching and eavesdropping on everyone’s conversations in the dining hall.

Shower shoes

The worst thing about college may be communal bathrooms and having to wear shoes in the shower. It outranks finals on the nasty scale for many reasons. Seeing five other people every time you walk into the bathroom and making uncomfortable small talk is not one of my favorite pastimes either.

Walking outside for everything

It’s horrible preparing yourself for the tundra every time you get Starbucks or something to eat. It will be nice staying in your pajamas all day, everyday, and only leaving your room to go to the kitchen, which is in the warmth of your own home.

Grade deflation

Isn’t it the best feeling when no matter how hard you try and study, you will never get an A because of that cute little thing call grade deflation. All the ridiculous points you got off last semester will just be a thing of the past when you’re home for the holidays.

Photo from CBS

Sharing a room

Never having a moment to yourself is great, isn’t it? Waking up to someone you met three months ago in a bed four feet away from you  doesn’t seem like a flawed system at all. It will be nice staying in your room for the entirety of the next month and not having to talk to anybody else ( don’t take this personally, Liz).

Sicknesses, everywhere

College is a germ-infested hell, and I genuinely can’t remember what it’s like to be healthy. Going home this month will give you the chance for a doctor to diagnose you with every illness you have. It will also give you the chance to re-energize before you get sick all over again in January.

RAs and all their glory

At least when my mom yells at me, I don’t get an email saying that whatever I did is going on my judicial record. As helpful and great RAs can be, it’s not great getting a noise complaint every week for speaking at a normal volume  quiet hours.

The atrocity we call a twin XL bed

My own bed may be what I miss most about home. It will be nice actually getting a proper night of sleep in a bed that I’m not too tall for.

As amazing as it will be to go home for the next month, there is definitely a list of things we’re all eager to get back to in Boston. And T. Anthony’s is at the top of that list, no doubt.

BU