The ultimate guide to holiday events in Boston

It’s that magical time of the year again

Thanksgiving is over , so get ready for the cold weather, snow, and holiday music set on repeat

There will be dozens of events going on around Boston, and in an effort to make your lives easier, here is list of what you shouldn’t miss.

Santa Paws

There will be lots of pets showing up to Faneuil Hall for Santa Paws on December 3rd. It’s a great opportunity to see adorable furry friends, and maybe even pet some of them. The pets will be taking photos with Santa, so get ready for cuteness overload.

Grand Opening: ‘Boston Winter presented by Berkshire Bank

Boston Winter at City Hall Plaza is bound to be a blast on December 7. City Hall Plaza has been transformed into a winter wonderland with a skating path that loops around the area, a holiday market and wine and chocolate exhibits, too. This will be open up to New Year’s Eve at least.

The Ugly Sweater Run

Have an awesome ugly sweater you want to show off? Want to work off some calories before you munch on all those holiday cookies and treats? Kahlúa is sponsoring a 5km race on December 10. At the end there will be cocktails (for those of you old enough), and awards for Best Ugly Sweater, Best Kids Sweater, Best Pet Attire and Best Real/Fake Mustache/Beard. There will also be photo booths and even mechanical reindeer.

Kendall Square Holiday on Ice

Community Ice Skating at Kendall Square is presenting their 11th Annual winter show December 10. It is free to watch, and when the show isn’t going on, there is free ice skating, too.

SantaCon

On the 10th there will be thousands of people dressed up as Santa wandering around Boston on a pub crawl. Need I say more? If you’d like to join in the fun, make sure to be nice this holiday season and bring a toy to donate to their Toys for Tots drive.

Boston Grown-Up’s Museum

The Boston Children’s Museum will be having an ugly sweater party on December 14th. It’s “big kids only,” aka those who are 21 and up. There will be skating and a cash bar.

For those who love ice skating

There a many places to go ice skating around Boston. The Frog Pond in Boston Common is always a popular spot when the weather gets cold. On Boston University’s campus, we have free skate at the Walter Brown Arena. For BU students, skating is free and rentals are $5.

BU