BU professor named by online watchlist for pushing ‘leftist propaganda’

The sociology professor’s tweets landed her a listing on the site

The recent website Professor Watchlist has collected the profiles of nearly 200 college professors, including Boston University’s Dr. Saida Grundy, calling them out for promoting “leftist propaganda in the classroom.”

According to the website’s information page, the Professor Watchlist’s mission, “is to expose and document college professors who discriminate against conservative students and advance leftist propaganda in the classroom.”

The site listed Dr. Saida Grundy as a professor who, “tweeted about white, college men being a ‘problem population’ according to Campus Reform. She tweeted, ‘Every MLK week I commit myself to not spending a dime in white-owned businesses. and every year i find it nearly impossible.’ Her tweets criticizing white people forced the president of the university to write a letter on the Boston University website addressing the tweets.”

Although President Brown criticized her comments in an email to the students and faculty, the administration did not revoke her job.

The website, which began on Nov. 21, “is an aggregated list of pre-existing news stories that were published by a variety of news organizations throughout the past few years. While we accept tips for new additions on our website, we only publish profiles on incidents that have already been reported somewhere else. TPUSA (a non-profit whose mission is to educate students on the principles of a free market and limited government) will continue to fight for free speech and the right for professors to say whatever they wish; however students, parents, and alumni deserve to know the specific incidents and names of professors that advance a radical agenda in lecture halls,” according to the site.

“We aim to post professors who have records of targeting students for their viewpoints, forcing students to adopt a certain perspective, and/or abuse or harm students in any way for standing up for their beliefs,” Matt Lamb, an organizer for the site, told the New York Times.

“Help us expose and document college professors who discriminate against conservative students and advance leftist propaganda in the classroom,” reads the tip page.

BU