The best restaurants in Boston for Parents Weekend

Places broke college students can’t afford, but Mom and Dad can

All students know of the fantastic restaurants around Boston that cost a pretty penny to get into. Students also know the best time to go to said restaurants is when they don’t have to pay.

We asked students their favorite places to go with their parents, and here’s the top list.

Stephanie’s

Stephanie’s on Newbury Street is a top pick by students. The restaurant offers American comfort food from a weekend brunch to dozens of dinner options. Reservations are available online. 

Cafeteria

Cafeteria is an extremely popular restaurant on Newbury Street. It is always packed, both inside and out on the patio. They offer everything from burgers and sandwiches to steak and fish. They do take online reservations, so which we highly recommend calling in order to avoid a long  wait.

The Met Back Bay

The Met Back Bay is steakhouse located on Dartmouth Street with a wide array of foods. They are especially known by students for their weekend brunch and extravagant Bloody Marys. The restaurant has a casual but classy atmosphere and you can make online reservations. 

Barcelona Wine Bar

For those of you in the mood for food with Spanish, Mediterranean, and South American influences, Barcelona Wine Bar could be the place for you. If you need help bribing your parents to go there, the restaurant features a wine list with over 400 options. Barcelona Wine Bar has two locations in the Boston area: 1700 Beacon Street, Brookline, and 525 Tremont Street, Boston. They also take reservations by phone.

Eastern Standard

Eastern Standard offers European and New England cuisine. Located practically on-campus in Kenmore Square, Eastern Standard is a top rated weekend brunch spot and excellent for any meal of the day. Menu items are quite expensive, but the place is almost always packed. Reservations are available online or by phone.

Max Brenner

Who doesn’t love chocolate? Max Brenner has amazing food and a whole lot of chocolate. It’s located on Boylston Street, across from Lord and Taylor. Reservations, which can be made online or by phone and are not needed, but we highly recommend making one. For groups of five or more you must call to make a reservation.

The North End

The area of Boston where you are guaranteed to find something good is the North End. Most North End restaurants are Italian eateries along with some seafood spots too. You can try your hand at wandering around and coming across a place, but it is best to plan ahead and make a reservation, especially on Friday or Saturday.

A favorite of the area is L’Osteria, an Italian restaurant with delicious lunch and dinner options. Most lunch plates cost between $10 and $15, and the average dinner entree costs around $15 to $22. Reservations by phone are accepted.

Fogo de Chao

The Brazilian steakhouse, Fogo de Chao, is located across the street from the Boston Public Library. Although it is expensive, it is a worth-while meal. You are also able to reserve a table ahead of time, both online or by phone.

The Cheesecake Factory

The Cheesecake Factory here in Boston is in the Prudential Center. Not only are you promised a good meal and amazing dessert, but they also validate parking, which you can use as a bargaining chip with your parents if they drove to Boston.

Oppa Sushi

For those of you who are sushi lovers, Oppa Sushi is the place to be. It is located just off of the Harvard Avenue T stop in Allston and is relatively inexpensive.

If you want to impress your parents, reserve a table ahead of time and surprise them. They will love you for your organizational skills and time awareness; that is, until they see the bill.

BU