Four recent BU grads victims of Chelsea bombing

They were on their way to the subway when the device went off

Terror rocked the streets of New York City last weekend when a bomb went of in Chelsea. 29 people were injured in the Saturday night explosion, including four former Terriers, Noah McAskill, Luke Sorenson, Harris Gordon, and Joshua Lee.

The old roommates had met for dinner, according to The New York Times, and were on their way to the subway station when the bomb went off.

In a Facebook post the next day, Sorenson wrote he and his friends were not seriously injured in the explosion, and were released from the hospital that morning. Sorenson said they were approximately 25 yards from the center of the explosion. The New York Times wrote if the four had been any closer, things could have been much worse.

Photo by Governor Cuomo’s Office

Ahmad Khan Rahami, 28, was arrested in connection with the Chelsea bombing, with the explosions in Seaside, New Jersey, and the pipe bombs found in Elizabeth, New Jersey.

“I would like to take a moment to emphasize that in situations like these it’s important not to make assumptions,” wrote Sorenson.”Even more so, we cannot let the act of an individual divide us.”

“Yes,” he continued, “we must be vigilant and work hard to wipe out all of the evil in our world, but please, do so with as much compassion and love for one another as possible.”

His post finished with a message to first responders and a note to others injured in the bombing. “A deep heartfelt thank you to all of the #Chelsea #NYC first responders and citizens who helped us out. We couldn’t have been in better hands. My thoughts and prayers are with the others who were injured.”

Featured image courtesy of Luke Sorenson’s Facebook post.

BU