How to properly prepare for a night out

Don’t end up wine drunk with your roommate crying on the floor to Sam Smith

Spring break has come and gone. We’re all back again on campus slaving away at our papers and exams. And after a week of pure craziness in PCB or Cancun, you might be thinking your body hates you and you can literally never go out again.

But don’t worry Terriers. You can. And here are a few tips to get you through the first weekend back after spring break.

Get a full night’s sleep the night before

I know this is really hard. I get it. But if you can, try and get your full eight hours in before a night of debauchery. It’ll definitely save you from crashing during valuable pregame time.

It’s simple. The more you sleep, the later you’ll be able to stay up the next night.

Stay hydrated throughout the day

I’m not quite sure if this has any effect on your drinking at all, but hydration is major key. The reason you feel hungover in the morning is because alcohol dehydrates you.

If you start out your night hydrated, chances are you might feel a little bit better as the night starts to get late.

Hydrate!!!!!!!

Eat a full day’s worth of food

Okay. I cannot stress this enough. Having a full stomach will do wonders for you as you embark on your night out.

Not only does food give you necessary energy to live (which is like kinda important) but it also helps your tolerance if you choose to drink.

Drinking on an empty stomach is basically signing you up for a date with the toilet bowl at 3am.

Also, if you eat enough throughout the day, it might stop you from ordering those large Domino’s pizzas or making a pit stop at Pita.

You’re saving yourself from nasty calories AND saving your convenience points.

I wasted like $4 on this bag of air

You’re welcome.

Pick a good pregame playlist

A good playlist is so crucial for preparing yourself to go out. It can really put you and your squad in the right mindset for a night of debauchery and schemes.

If you aren’t careful, you could end up wine drunk with your roommate crying on the floor to Sam Smith.

Coordinate outfits with your squad

If the party you’re going to is themed, making sure your outfits are sorted saves precious pregame time and saves you from stress.

Halloween costumes on fleek

Also, since you’re all in this together, you have to make sure everyone is confident and on fleek.

Yaaaas!!!

When you feel like you look good, you are definitely in a better mood. This sets you up for a better night out. Don’t forget ladies, we dress for ourselves and no one else. As long as you think you look hot, then you look hot and no one can tell you otherwise.

Not to mention, when the whole squad is looking fleeky, you get some prime Instagram worthy pictures.

Know your limits

The most important thing to remember any time you go out is that safety comes first.

You are the only one who knows your limit.

You should probably not drink all this

Don’t ruin your entire night, and possibly jeopardize your education just to keep up with others at the pregame. I promise no one actually cares if you’re a lightweight.

One red solo cup at a time gals!

As long as you follow these steps, you should be able to survive a night out.

Have fun, but not too much fun Terriers.

BU