Do you have a moment to talk about your Canada Goose jacket?

Of course you do

It has now become impossible to take a walk down Comm Ave. without seeing them.

The luxuriously smoothed fur hoods, the small yet striking white and red label – Canada Goose jackets are everywhere, and we’re just wondering – why?

It’s not the concept of a nice winter jacket which is so alarming. It’s the price tag – most cost around $975. That could buy a lot of lattes at Starbucks, to say the least.

We were wondering the thought process behind local Terriers who shelled out almost a grand to join the Canada Goose club.

Ozhan Kazempour, CGS ’19

“I decided to ask for the jacket this past Christmas after hearing so many good things about it. I told my dad, ‘Dad, you’re literally never going to have to buy me another jacket for like, 10 years.’ And that’s true, for the most part. It keeps me warm, but people don’t stop giving me shit about wearing it. There’s kind of a reputation around these jackets, that they’re so ridiculous, but if want one and buy one, so what?”

Anna Sewell, ENG ’19

“I heard about these jackets from a fellow upperclassman on the rowing team. It’s the best and warmest jacket I’ve ever worn and I’ve even considered sleeping in it. They’re expensive, but I really think they’re worth it.”

Arin Kim, CAS ’19 and Shaelah Foresman, SAR ’19

Ain: “I bought this jacket because I needed something good for the winter. I was a little hesitant to buy it at first only because it seemed like a lot of people owned it. But when I went to the store and tried it on, it was actually really warm and a lot warmer than other jackets I’ve worn. I think it’s definitely worth the purchase.”

Shaelah: “I hadn’t even heard of Canada Goose until I went skiing in Montreal last year – I saw so many people wearing them and since it was freezing and my old jacket wasn’t doing enough to keep me warm, I figured the Canadians know what they’re doing so I bought one. So far, it’s actually been worth all of the hype. I’ve worn it almost every day and it’s kept me really warm – and it has BACKPACK STRAPS, which is a total selling point.”

Yep, if someone gets a little too toasty in their Canada Goose, they can literally turn the jacket into a backpack.

Says Kat Dvorscak, SAR ’19, “It better have backpack straps. If I’m going to pay that much for a jacket it better do my homework for me too.”

Anna Leopold, COM ’19

“I really like this jacket, I bought the lightweight version so I could use it on slightly warmer days. I would say it is definitely worth the purchase.”

Sheenah Bizzozo, COM ’19

“I had literally never heard of this jacket until my sister’s boyfriend got one and he wouldn’t stop raving about it. I decided to make the purchase so I could survive the Boston winter, and suddenly I come to BU and they’re everywhere… I love my Canada goose, but it does get awkward when I’m with a group of friends and they all start bashing it. I don’t regret buying it though.”

Noelle Perry, QUES ’19

“I will admit there are many parkas out there that will keep you warm for less money. But this quality of real fur and goose feathers, along with its great reputation are worth it for me. My mother also has one she’s had for over a decade and it’s still in great shape. And it kept me more than warm skiing in Aspen.”

BU national-us