A photoshoot with BU’s trendiest Terriers

They have a keen eye for fashion, and the camera has a keen eye for them

Coco Chanel said “Every day is a fashion show, and the world is the runway.”

These Terriers’ runway is Comm Ave, and they always look chic.

One thing they all have in common?

Their outfits all screamed urban.

We met up with the stylish students and they had a lot to tell us about their wardrobe inspiration and style tips.

Nairobi Jeanniton, CAS ’19

Who are your fashion inspirations?

My mother is one of my fashion inspirations because she raised me to dress my best.

Fashion is something that my family values and as I’ve gotten older it’s become an integral part of my identity. I grew up seeing my mom dress her best and there was always a certain confidence about her. When I was small I always wanted to emulate that confidence and I found a way to do that through defining my own style.

My fashion icon varies from day to day. In having a fashion icon, I imply that I want my wardrobe to be a direct copy of someone else’s. That’s not what I want. I do not have a fixed icon but my inspirations include Zendaya Coleman and Zoe Kravitz.

How has your style changed over the years?

As I’ve grown my style has gotten a lot simpler in some ways. Rather than overload with different colors, I’ll keep it simple, three colors max and accent those colors in different ways.

How would you describe your style?

Over the years I’ve subconsciously been defining my style. To me that’s what I feel most comfortable and stylish in. I’ve gone through a bunch of embarrassing phases to get to a place where I couldn’t even define my style. I wear a lot of fall colors (maroons, black, white) and statement jewelry pieces. Everything else is mix and match.

I’d like to say my outfits are aesthetically pleasing and that is because I see style as an art.

What is an interesting fact about you?

I love photography, especially portraits of people. Taking photographs and editing them are my favorite pastimes.

Claudia Quadrino, COM ’19

Who are your fashion inspirations?

I am always inspired by Emma Watson. You can tell that her style is genuine and different, and she is expressing herself rather than what a stylist would want her to wear.

My style has changed since I found new stores that fit the type of style I have and have sizes that fit me well.

Finding stores I love has definitely helped me shape my style throughout the years.

How would you describe your style?

I always describe my style as whatever I feel like wearing depending on my mood since wearing something I like a lot will make my mood a lot better, but if I want to relax I will wear something a lot more casual.

I tend to drift around different types of styles since it does depend a lot on the way I’m feeling at any particular moment.

What is an interesting fact about you?

I love boxing. It is very unexpected because of my short stature, but it is a way for me to feel empowered and fit.

David Lowe, Questrom ’16

Who are your fashion inspirations?

Um…Oh gosh, that’s so hard. I feel like that changes all the time, but I think the go to style wise is a model named David Gandy. He’s actually British. Another one called Oliver Cheshire and of course, you know Kanye always makes everyone’s list.

There are tons of bloggers that I love. There’s this blogger website called TheThreeF and TSBmen and things like that, so I always have a hub of inspiration.

I feel like I’ve become more daring, or I guess I would say more open to trying new things.

I think in high school I was always interested in fashion but then like I don’t know creativity was limited especially where I am from. Forsyth is a small, country town, so I think coming to Boston I was able to experiment more and try different things.

I think I love just dressing up more like wearing a blazer and things like that so I think I’ve explored even with more formal wear and things like that.

How would you describe your style?

I always say classic, but daring if that makes sense. I love even just the classic approach to classic items or sartorial fitted pieces but with a twist to it so it’s interesting.

I have this trench coat that I love, but it’s orange. It’s traffic cone orange, but I love it. It’s kind of my favorite.

What is an interesting fact about you?

I got chosen by Tommy Hilfiger’s for a competition on best style.

Ezgi Toper, COM ’19

Who are your fashion inspirations?

Taylor Momsen for sure. Her style is beyond badass and I adore her music. Also Effie from the TV show Skins is great.

But other than celebs I think my mom is a big inspiration for me. She has killer taste in fashion and loves to shop for both of us since we’re the same size. Everything she buys for us to share I end up stealing just for me.

As a kid I didn’t care much about fashion. I was a total tomboy so hoodies and jeans sufficed. But over the years, after much experimentation (even an emo phase), I started to find my own style.

My style moved from being a lot more colorful, safe and randomly arranged to more mature, dark, and thought out. I think that’s again because of the influence of music and pop culture around me.

How would you describe your style?

I’d say it’s pretty edgy and daring. I love dark colors as my wardrobe is 90 percent black, grey and maroon. I’m also into fashion items I find to be different and bold, like these shoes! I’m obsessed with cool jackets and the ones I own tend to have a bunch of random zips, sequences or band patches. Because I’m into punk pop & rock music I think my style reflects my music taste.

I’m never afraid to wear my red lipstick or heels to class because to me fashion and style should be expressive and risqué occasionally. Never be afraid to experiment and there’s no such thing as over-dressed.

What is an interesting fact about you?

Just ask me where I’m from and there you go. I’ve lived on every continent except Antarctica and South America. Traveling was an important part of my life and I definitely want it to still be in the future.

BU