Why going out as a girl at BU is bullshit

No I will not give you a smile

Here’s the formula to going out if you plan on a guy allowing you into his frat party on the weekend:

Impractical clothing + a friendly and sensual smile + NO GUYS = A successful night out

Let’s just break this down real quick.

Impractical clothing

When the weather hits below freezing this is not only ridiculous, but also just dangerous.

It’s demeaning for girls to travel up and down Allston on the weekends trying to be accepted into a party in the most uncomfortable clothing that barely covers up their bodies.

Ladies, our bodies belong to us and us only, and if you want to wear summer outfits in 40 degree weather, you should express yourself in that way. However, when I see these girls’ grimacing faces when the cold slaps their legs, I just feel sorry for them.

It’s the weekend. It’s a time to relax and I’d really love to stop watching all these girls look miserable and freezing, especially as the bitter winter approaches.

A smile

I’m tired of having to always wear a friendly smile in order to be treated well.

Next time a guy asks where my smile is, I think I’ll just raise my three fingers and let them read between the freakin’ lines.

Smiling is great, and I’m not refuting that, but, you can’t force a girl to smile if she has the infamously known “Chronic Bitch Face.”

Newsflash, CBF does not exist.

It’s a term that the men of the world have given to us to explain why we weren’t happy all of the time simply by their presence. So, if a girl isn’t smiling it’s this simple, i promise guys, here it is… She doesn’t feel like it.

Yup, there’s the big reveal. She’s not smiling because she’s not in the mood.

So girls, don’t let anyone tell you to lighten up if you’re content the way you are. And, stop the trend of CBF.

It’s not OK to deem a girl a bitch because she won’t show some teeth.

When it comes to parties, smile if you’re happy, but if you’ve been waiting outside for 40 minutes in the freezing weather and you’re just not feeling like a smile… DON’T.

The golden ratio

Lastly, the ratios between guys and girls… Is this high school math class? I don’t think so.

I’m done calculating how many guys I have in my friend’s circle and multiplying it by a certain amount of girls in order to get into a party that probably isn’t that great anyways.

If I want to go out with my guy friends, (because yeah it’s a real thing), I don’t want to have to invite more girls just to balance out the “ratio.” It’s just an insane tradition that I’ve come to realize exists at so many colleges and I’m over it. Especially being at BU, there is strength in numbers, and women outnumber men by an immense amount here.

Going out is supposed to be the fun part of college, not a stressful and confusing task.

I’m just a first semester freshman and I’m burnt out from watching and participating in this misogynistic party life here at BU.

I’d like to see it change instead.

On Halloween, I decided to go out with a group of my girlfriends. When I say a group, I mean 15 of us.

Aside from the 15 of us, there were two guys, yup just two.

So we go on into the party that we were directly invited to, and the guy puts his hand in my friend’s face and says “Where are you going, who are these guys?”

To which my friend replies, “One is the girl’s boyfriend, and one is a best friend from out of town.” The guy proceeded to tell us that we could do one of three things:

1. Ditch the guys and come in.

2. Ditch the girls with the guys and come in.

3. All leave.

We all took our stuff and left because I will be damned if I let a guy determine me and my friends options.

Options one, two, or three? How about we leave and we never speak or look at you again?

Sounds great to me asshole.

Later on we received a text from the guy explaining he was sorry and how we just misunderstood what they told us and they’d love to have us back guys or not.

We made a change. It was then I realized who’s really in charge.

Stop giving into the bullshit.

We, as women, make up 70 percent of BU’s population and we have the power.

Wear what you want, don’t smile if you’re not feelin’ it, and please don’t ever calculate a ratio on a weekend… we do enough work during the week.

BU