Hottest Halloween costumes: Pet edition

You’ll love the dog dressed as the Pope

Last weekend Fanuiel Hall hosted its annual Halloween Pet Costume Parade. After one too many nights stress eating over midterms, it was just the right distraction.

A massive crowd lined up and down the aged cobblestone of the Quincy Marketplace. Most of them, however, had four legs, a tail and an adorable Halloween costume.

After a week of midterms and several more bowls of dining hall soft serve consumed than I would like to admit, I was going to take this up as a free, spooky twist on pet therapy.

There were no particular categories, owners could register their pets as soon as they arrived and parade their pets on the line that snaked around the Hall.

Sexy devils, scary ghosts and even the Pope were the most popular costumes amongst the canines.

This vanilla-furred friend nailed the devil look, just the right balance of sexy and cute.

Mr Chiquita and his banana were more than eager to pose for a shot. After all that royal blue dress deserved all the compliments. This fruity duo took home the award most creative Owner/Animal pair.

This fierce French bulldog stole the show in his knit lion costume.

Another French bulldog, just as droopy as his lopsided hamburger costume.

No one told me the Pope made a stop in Boston, and last time I checked I didn’t want to pet Pope Francis this much.

This challenge-ready chef proudly displayed her pup terrifyingly hanging out of a pot, dressed as a lobster all ready to boil alive.

The adorable shock value paid off, as they took home a prize in Best Owner/Animal duo.

The pet parade was an amazing way to unwind after a long week of midterms. Most owners were friendly and open to introducing their dogs. Some were big, some were old, some were small and some were just little puppies but all were equally adorable.

BU