Protesters in white pick-ups aggressively circled Brown today

DPS moved them off campus, but sent no notification

Protesters in white pick-up trucks waving American fans circled Brown’s campus today.

Some of the protesters, who were reportedly all white, sung the national anthem, and waved America flags and “don’t tread on me” flags.

There were reportedly about five pick up trucks on Waterman, as well as Charlesfield and Thayer. The DPS pushed the trucks off campus, but not before they had circled the campus aggressively.

Some minority students took to social media to express their disappointment by the lack of warning by DPS.

Speaking to The Tab, Katherine M. Jimenez, a Residential Peer Leader, and sophomore said:

“I’m an RPL for a first year residence hall. And I can’t possibly do my job effectively, I can’t possibly be there to support my residents if I’m not well informed about what’s going on on campus.

“And I feel like if DPS knew this was going to happen, I feel like some sort of email should have been sent out or some sort of information should have been exchanged between them and residential life and then to us because we’re there to support them [first years] in the halls themselves where we live with them.

“How am I supposed to be there for them and tell them everything is going to be okay and just stay safe if I didn’t know this was going to happen? People felt so unsafe, people didn’t want to leave the buildings or the residence halls because they weren’t sure when these people were going to leave. It literally impedes my ability to do my job.”

It is unclear whether the protesters were “pro-Trump”, although it does seem that they were protesting against the recent vandalism of American flags on Veteran’s day.

The protesters are thought to be students. The Brown Administration were unavailable for comment.

Brown University